My brand new N1 cannot find the 2.1 update. Tried everything, please help

This is a discussion on My brand new N1 cannot find the 2.1 update. Tried everything, please help within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello all! I am new to this forum and the N1. I got my N1 3 days ago. I bought it unlocked and ubsubsidized for ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My brand new N1 cannot find the 2.1 update. Tried everything, please help

My brand new N1 cannot find the 2.1 update. Tried everything, please help

Hello all!

I am new to this forum and the N1.

I got my N1 3 days ago. I bought it unlocked and ubsubsidized for the full $529 with 3G capable bands for T-mobile.

I am currently using a T-zones data plan and have functional WiFi connection.

My problem is that the phone will not update to 2.1update1. Infact, it doesn't even see that that update exists.

Settings > about phone > system updates = "Your system is up to date"

But i am def running stock 2.1.

Google tech support told me that the phone should have asked to upgrade as soon as i logged into google the first time. They took me through a soft reset, hard reset, data wipe turning on and off 3g, wifi, sim card in or out. None of it mattered, it never prompted me to update.

What do i do now? I don't want to be stuck having to manually update every time, that's not why I got an N1.

Additional note, the N1 was my wedding present from my wife. I really don't want to return it. I'm hoping it isn't defective...

PLEASE help.
    Thanks,
    ~Rome

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

you can try dialing *#*#checkin#*#* from the dialer to force it to update

mine updated the very first time i turned it on though, are you sure it isn't running the latest version?

I have done the checkin. it says checkin success but nothing else happens. I then again checked the system update and it still says up to date.

yes I am sure. The about phone says its running 2.1, and I have no pinch to zoom functionality on the browser or anywhere else.

Did you have your sim card im when it updated right away, or would it update on wifi alone?

I ask because I wonder if Tzones has anything to do with it.

i had a sim card in, and was possibly on wifi, i can't remember exactly, but i do know kittens were involved :D

Anyonehave any ideas? Iam going to try and get my friends sim card from T-Mobile with the android Data planand see if that helps. Google said they never heardof this problem, but its possible they know nothing of tzones issues either. Anyone have other thoughts?

you sure you dont have update one installed? check if you have pinch to zoom on the gallery or browser. got my ATT nexus about 2 months ago and the update was there out of the box... didnt need to update at all

yes... i'm sure. ERD79, Android 2.1.

No pinch to zoom anywhere as I stated in my earlier post. AT&T 3G phones were created after the update, so they come with it. My phone was probably in a box since January.

Course it doesnt make much sense that it could be tzones, considering i get full webacess and 3g speeds no problem. And my wifi is running, so I would have got the update that way I assume as well. makes no sense.

Can ANYONE who bought a unsubsidized N1 for $529 for Tmobile 3G respond? Please tell me if your N1:

1.) Shipped with Android 2.1update1 or just plain 2.1
    2.) Did you phone IMMEDIATELY prompt you to upgrade to 2.1update1?
    3.) If it didn't do it IMMEDIATELY, how long did it take before you got the notifications bar prompt to upgrade?

Please respond, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rome View Post
    Course it doesnt make much sense that it could be tzones, considering i get full webacess and 3g speeds no problem. And my wifi is running, so I would have got the update that way I assume as well. makes no sense.

Can ANYONE who bought a unsubsidized N1 for $529 for Tmobile 3G respond? Please tell me if your N1:

1.) Shipped with Android 2.1update1 or just plain 2.1
    2.) Did you phone IMMEDIATELY prompt you to upgrade to 2.1update1?
    3.) If it didn't do it IMMEDIATELY, how long did it take before you got the notifications bar prompt to upgrade?

Please respond, thanks!
    I bought unlocked a week ago and came with 2.1update1

Quote Originally Posted by killerbender View Post

I bought unlocked a week ago and came with 2.1update1
    Hmm.. I get the feeling google doesn't have the most knowledgeable people answering their new tech support lines. They said they aren't aware of Tmo unlocked phones shipping with the update...

So, before you ever turned the phone on, did you already put your sim card in? Then as soon as you turned it on, did the google account setup, it was already 2.1update1?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links