Bluetooth contacts sharing to Pioneer car head unit

This is a discussion on Bluetooth contacts sharing to Pioneer car head unit within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi guys I was wondering is someone with a higher level of tech understanding could help me out. My Nexus One wont share my contacts ...

Thread: Bluetooth contacts sharing to Pioneer car head unit

Bluetooth contacts sharing to Pioneer car head unit

Hi guys I was wondering is someone with a higher level of tech understanding could help me out. My Nexus One wont share my contacts when I pair it with my top range Pioneer head unit (we're talking 3k head unit here...). The phone itself pairs and I can receive and make calls, however the Contacts display doesn't show anything. I have been doing some reading up on Froyo and came across this;

Bluetooth
    • Voice dialing over Bluetooth
    • Ability to share contacts with other phones
    • Support for Bluetooth enabled car and desk docks
    • Improved compatibility matrix with car kits and headsets
    I'm hoping that "ability to share contacts with other phones" is the answer I'm looking for? I suppose I'll find out anyway within a few days but a bit of a heads up would be great. Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

edit: n/m..missed that you already knew if was FroYo...

Well FroYo did bugger all. My head unit still wont display contact details from my N1 over the bluetooth connection. It's obviously something on the N1 side of things seeing as my N95 worked fine. Any ideas?

Hey Evman, I also have a pioneer headunit, D3 specifically... and like you, i'm having trouble sending contacts thru my N1. I had blackberry, nokia, ericsson phones that did not have this problem... I've read somewhere that pioneer accepts VCF file for contacts... and I was able to export a vcf file saved to my N1 using google on the web. If only I can find a way to send this file to my pioneer headunit!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links