Sound issue (phone ring)

This is a discussion on Sound issue (phone ring) within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Good, your marriage is safe now Originally Posted by oleg_mamaev OK, instead of removing SPC app and contacted the developer. They fixed an issue with ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sound issue (phone ring)

Good, your marriage is safe now

Quote Originally Posted by oleg_mamaev View Post
    OK, instead of removing SPC app and contacted the developer. They fixed an issue with a new update v.1.33 available on the market. Works just fine now, problem solved :-)... SPC is the best call blocker for Android, I've seen so far!

I am having exactly the same problem as the other posters but do not have any Call blocking or filtering software installed (Have Norton but don't use it to block numbers).

Yesterday it rang with the pre-loaded Ding sound but that has stopped working today as does the vibrate. Fortunately the notification light still works otherwise I would have to stare at my N1 all day to see if it rang.

Running Froyo FRF83 so I suspect it's the culprit.

I have had the same problem, but it is sporadic... I will get a voicemail with a notification sound, but the phone never rang. The call will not show up in the call log either. All this is since the froyo update. Most of the time the calls ring through as usual.

By the way, I have tried changing ringtones and I don't have the SPC app. I'm not blaming this on froyo but it is sorta suspicious. Any ideas what else could be wrong??

Upgraded manually from FRF83 to FRF85b.

The SPC thing set off a train of thought - what other apps have call-blocking capablities?

Norton! So I uninstalled it and guess what? Everything is running fine. It must be an issue with possible call blocking.

Same problem on FRF91

I ran into this (or a similar) problem as well. I don't have any call blocking apps, neither Norton. It happened after I removed the jack from my headphones. I had this happening before, but then a reset of the phone resolved the issue. But now it doesn't.

I can hear the other party if I select the speaker or plug in my headphones, but I can't hear anything in the ear speaker as I usually do.

Or maybe a different problem

My phone rings when there's an incoming call, there but I can't hear the other party or the dialtone when I'm dialing. The loudspeaker and headset jack works. It seems like it's permanently stuck to the headphone jack.

I happened once with a previous release, but then I rebooted the phone and it was ok again. Now a reboot does not help.

Quote Originally Posted by guyb99 View Post

Norton! So I uninstalled it and guess what? Everything is running fine. It must be an issue with possible call blocking.
    My phone would not ring or vibrate even though all the settings were good. I uninstalled Norton and it works now!!!

Took me a while to figure this out because I didn't notice it right away.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links