Transferring apps to SD Card

This is a discussion on Transferring apps to SD Card within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey, I was wondering if someone can help, I have a 4GB Micro SD card in my Nexus one which is practically empty but my ...

Thread: Transferring apps to SD Card

Transferring apps to SD Card

Hey,

I was wondering if someone can help,

I have a 4GB Micro SD card in my Nexus one which is practically empty but my internal memory is really low and was wondering if there is a way of either installing new apps to the SD card, or transferring existing apps to the SD card

Thanks

Simon

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Brooks View Post
    Hey,

I was wondering if someone can help,

I have a 4GB Micro SD card in my Nexus one which is practically empty but my internal memory is really low and was wondering if there is a way of either installing new apps to the SD card, or transferring existing apps to the SD card

Thanks

Simon
    That is a froyo feature, and the developers of the particular app have to code it in. There are only a handful of apps available at the moment that support moving to the SD card at this time.
    Jason
    Nexus One

I know there is version 2.2 coming out soon, i'm guessing the newer apps or new updates for apps will have this in as i find that 180MB of space is a bit poor seeing as though you can get 16GB Micro SD Cards and it seems a waste to not be able to use it

Agreed Simon

Perhaps this thread would help

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...n-move-sd.html

Simon,

Do some research, 2.2 should be out for everyone. Even the UK, I believe. It is now official. 180mb free memory is plenty. Even 30mb will work fine. If you root there are roms that offer this feature.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links