Capacitive soft keys and screen

This is a discussion on Capacitive soft keys and screen within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello, I've recently got a Nexus One and am having problems with the capacitive buttons under the screen, and to some extent the screen itself. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Capacitive soft keys and screen

Capacitive soft keys and screen

Hello, I've recently got a Nexus One and am having problems with the capacitive buttons under the screen, and to some extent the screen itself. I'm find the screen slightly unresponsive in comparison to my old iphone.

But the capacitive soft keys are the real problem. I'm finding that a lot of the time I have to press then a few times in order to get them to register a press. Its very annoying.

Do I have a faulty phone, or is this par for the course on the N1?

I very much like the N1 and Android, but the fact I dont know if its going to respond to my swipes and touches is breeding frustration with it.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Seems pretty standard. Try tapping *just* above the symbol on the capacitive touch menu buttons. If you tap just barely above where you think you should be tapping for those buttons, it should register every time. At least that's how mine works.

Plus, updates make the soft buttons a bit more responsive and 'lower'...mine are almost right on the icons now.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Plus, updates make the soft buttons a bit more responsive and 'lower'...mine are almost right on the icons now.
    By update, do you mean 2.2 Froyo? This is a real nause for me, I dont know if I should take it back to the shop for a replacement or wait for an update or what...

Nause?

_______

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Nause?
    From Urban Dictionary:
    To nauseate, annoy
    "We went to the mall to nause the security guards. Working weekends is such a nause."

Quote Originally Posted by colinsteadman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    By update, do you mean 2.2 Froyo? This is a real nause for me, I dont know if I should take it back to the shop for a replacement or wait for an update or what...
    Correct...they keys were approx. 2mm off when 2.1, about 1mm off with 2.2...they're still not dead-center, but after several minutes of adjusting to them being off, I haven't had a problem with them. It was all just part of the learning curve of the phone.

It kills me to know the Nexus One went through the testing phase without a single employee noticing the soft button issue.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AhmedEltawil View Post
    It kills me to know the Nexus One went through the testing phase without a single employee noticing the soft button issue.

Or they noticed it but it was deemed non critical and shelved for a future release. If you try to fix every known bug before releasing, you'll never release.

Quote Originally Posted by jonno2k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AhmedEltawil View Post

Or they noticed it but it was deemed non critical and shelved for a future release. If you try to fix every known bug before releasing, you'll never release.

If they did, then they should fix it now, its a massive annoyance and it makes the Android platform seem amateurish in-spite of all the great things it does everywhere else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links