Activate phone speaker on Bluetooh A2DP

This is a discussion on Activate phone speaker on Bluetooh A2DP within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi Forum, I have a question: When my Nexus One is connected to an A2DP device to stream audio, the phone's internal speaker automatically gets ...

Thread: Activate phone speaker on Bluetooh A2DP

Question Activate phone speaker on Bluetooh A2DP

Hi Forum,

I have a question:

When my Nexus One is connected to an A2DP device to stream audio, the phone's internal speaker automatically gets disabled and the audio is only broadcasted via bluetooth.

Does anybody know a way to enable the phone's speakers while an A2DP device is connected? Maybe there is an app on the market that I didn't find that does the job..?

The background is: My car has a built in bluetooth handsfree kit and for some unknown reason the car says it supports the BT handsfree functionality AND A2DP although it only supports the handsfree function and no audio streaming. When I try to make my phone only connect to the handsfree functionality, the car disconnects. It only accepts a connection with both options turned on, which puts the phone's speaker on mute and the broadcasted audio signal is dismissed by the car's BT device.

To all the app developers reading this: Do you know if the Android 2.2 SDK is open enough to let me write a program that somehow "attaches" to the audio stream and sends it to the phone's speakers/AUX connector, even when A2DP is active? Do you think rooting the phone would change anything?

Thank you very much in advance!

Patrick

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by patrick88 View Post
    Hi Forum,

I have a question:

When my Nexus One is connected to an A2DP device to stream audio, the phone's internal speaker automatically gets disabled and the audio is only broadcasted via bluetooth.

Does anybody know a way to enable the phone's speakers while an A2DP device is connected? Maybe there is an app on the market that I didn't find that does the job..?

The background is: My car has a built in bluetooth handsfree kit and for some unknown reason the car says it supports the BT handsfree functionality AND A2DP although it only supports the handsfree function and no audio streaming. When I try to make my phone only connect to the handsfree functionality, the car disconnects. It only accepts a connection with both options turned on, which puts the phone's speaker on mute and the broadcasted audio signal is dismissed by the car's BT device.

To all the app developers reading this: Do you know if the Android 2.2 SDK is open enough to let me write a program that somehow "attaches" to the audio stream and sends it to the phone's speakers/AUX connector, even when A2DP is active? Do you think rooting the phone would change anything?

Thank you very much in advance!

Patrick
    Hi, I have the same problem as you, I want to use my A2DP bluetooth but keep the speaker also open for incoming call ring ...have you figured out the answer yet ? Cheers, Gerry in Western Australia

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links