No Froyo Update yet Why?

This is a discussion on No Froyo Update yet Why? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Has any1 received OTA in N1(att model)?...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No Froyo Update yet Why?

Has any1 received OTA in N1(att model)?

Quote Originally Posted by killerbender View Post
    No one has received OTA, except for FRF72. Once Google decided 2.2 (FRF83) was ready to go, the easiest one to update was FRF72 (an internal build used for testing 2.2 that was leaked, and subsequently some people flashed). The OTA update was really just for those testers to get the final.

The next step is for Google to build the OTA update taking the older, official builds from XX to FRF83. For us, this would be going from EPE54B to FRF83. It's a more substantial update than just going from a very-close-to-final-build (72) to final (83). I wouldn't expect it to take long, though "long" probably varies from person to person.

Quote Originally Posted by Demiurge View Post
    No one has received OTA, except for FRF72. Once Google decided 2.2 (FRF83) was ready to go, the easiest one to update was FRF72 (an internal build used for testing 2.2 that was leaked, and subsequently some people flashed). The OTA update was really just for those testers to get the final.

The next step is for Google to build the OTA update taking the older, official builds from XX to FRF83. For us, this would be going from EPE54B to FRF83. It's a more substantial update than just going from a very-close-to-final-build (72) to final (83). I wouldn't expect it to take long, though "long" probably varies from person to person.
    Long wait can kill some people... I think is gonna take a week for T-Mo and maybe 1-2 months to Att... (until now, we have not seen any build newer than EPE54B)

Long wait can kill some people... I think is gonna take a week for T-Mo and maybe 1-2 months to Att... (until now, we have not seen any build newer than EPE54B)
    Why would AT&T take longer? There's no logical reason for it.

Android Lurker Guilherme Aguiar's Avatar
    Guys,

This is just a beta version!

The final version will be released soon and everyone will be able to update.

I have read many post saying that... Obviusly its illogical.. but so far no signals about any Att build...

I have read many post saying that... Obviusly its illogical.. but so far no signals about any Att build...
    Yeah, because that Google press release says they'll focus on T-Mobile first

Android Lurker Guilherme Aguiar's Avatar
    Wow! I didn't read this. Sorry, but I don't believe...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiba View Post
    Wow! I didn't read this. Sorry, but I don't believe...
    OK, um, really? Guys, don't believe everything you read on the internet, especially in forums. Google made no press release, much less a press release saying AT&T customers can kiss their ass.

My point, for those that missed it, is that there is absolutely no indication that AT&T will get an update last or first or third or 18th. There is nothing but speculation, and that speculation is based on NOTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    There are no "AT&T locked down systems". AT&T does not make or sell these phones. The AT&T version of the Nexus One simply has radios that are compatible with AT&T's network.
    And a different operating system that isn't "unlocked" (no unlocked padlock when booting up), aka EPE54B

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links