No Froyo Update yet Why?

This is a discussion on No Froyo Update yet Why? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by Evman Originally Posted by Beer Goggles There are no "AT&T locked down systems". AT&T does not make or sell these phones. The ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No Froyo Update yet Why?

Really????

Quote Originally Posted by Evman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    There are no "AT&T locked down systems". AT&T does not make or sell these phones. The AT&T version of the Nexus One simply has radios that are compatible with AT&T's network.
    And a different operating system that isn't "unlocked" (no unlocked padlock when booting up), aka EPE54B

On AT&T here in the States and I didn't have a "unlocked padlock" with EPE54E until I rooted and installed Cyan. The Cyanogen Roms are not carrier specific. They work on either the ATT or Tmobile. The "unlocked padlock" on the boot screen has nothing to do with the carrier. Like someone (BeerGoogles) said the only difference in the freq the the carriers 3G networks operate on.

So in other words your AT&T EPE54B was locked until you unlocked it. What other "carriers" use EPE54B, seeing as it'snot carrier specific?

Quote Originally Posted by Evman View Post
    So in other words your AT&T EPE54B was locked until you unlocked it. What other "carriers" use EPE54B, seeing as it'snot carrier specific?
    I just got back from Germany visiting the wifes family. Stopped at ALDI picked up a prepaid sim stuck it in the N1 and it worked fine. No data but it made calls just fine. The phone was not rooted at that point, as I got it the day before I left.

And I'm in Australia where AT&T doesn't exist, yet I still got an AT&T version. Take a look at the first post in this thread. Even Google confirms AT&T builds.

I'm now running FRF50, rooted, from the original AT&T build and have full service and data here in Oz. It may only reference specific frequencies but those frequencies were obviously stipulated by AT&T, for AT&T.

You win, your ruler is longer than mine

Quote Originally Posted by Dashek View Post
    You win, your ruler is longer than mine
    Yeah I know. Also, there's an AT&T build of Android.

How many people haven't ben updated to Froyo yet ?

Hi,

I'm new to G1 Nexus one Google and after 1 week I am still not updated to Froyo, so do you think that i will ever be ?

I use it with a prepaid card but i am almost always connected by Wifi, so it should update soon by itself ?

I wonder if many of you have not been updated yet ?

Thanks for help to an anxious one :-)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links