IPhone 4 vs. N1

This is a discussion on IPhone 4 vs. N1 within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Obviously mostly all new products and technologies have their growing pains, with the N1 being no exception since its release this past January. So we ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IPhone 4 vs. N1

IPhone 4 vs. N1

Obviously mostly all new products and technologies have their growing pains, with the N1 being no exception since its release this past January. So we have all heard of the problems associated with the release of the IP4 however what exactly are the differences between the two phones and capabilities? Are the technologies that different? From what I understand the new Verizon Droid is a technological marvel as well. Should we feel bad to be owners of the N1 or are we still on the cutting edge?????

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm not feeling 'cutting edge' but I'm most certainly not 'feeling bad' about it, in the least! Other new hardware might have a new whiz-bang feature, but it's still not as useable/comfortable/sexy as my 'velvet glove' Nexus.

The differences are minimal. The only real feature that the iPhone 4 has over the Nexus One would be the screen. The front facing camera, gyroscope aren't really features that are necessary (for now), but they're nice to have.

Capabilities-wise it's a pretty even match-up. There's nothing you're really missing that the Nexus One or any newer Android device doesn't have or already do in some capacity (multitouch, folders, etc). And when compared to the new Android phones in the pipe, again, you're not missing much other than the usual upgraded hardware specs (8mp camera for example).

So a bigger screen and more megapixels in the camera? Must be more significant features no?

Quote Originally Posted by pewtavert View Post
    So a bigger screen and more megapixels in the camera? Must be more significant features no?
    The iPhone 4 has the same megapixels (I believe he as talking about the EVO).

Also, it's a SMALLER screen. Just more pixels.

At some point, more pixels just doesn't matter any more. I, personally, think that the N1 has plenty of pixels. Though I do want to see and iPhone 4 in person to see how it looks.

Yes, the iPhone 4 has a smaller but better screen (3.5in compared to 3.7in on N1). It's better because it looks very sharp. AMOLED might have better color saturation but the crispness of the IPS LCD on the iPhone gives it a very slight edge.

New Android phones are pushing their on-board cameras to 8mp. But remember, more megapixels don't equal a better picture. Otherwise, if you look at the specs, majority will have a 600Mhz to 1GHz processor, big AMOLED or LCD touch screen, etc.

So in short, while the Nexus One may not be the new kid on the block, it's still cutting edge.

And if you haven't done it yet, you should go check out the iPhone 4 in person. Photos don't do the device justice. Very beautiful device and an excellent design. It may not make you want to leave Android, but the physical design of the thing is superb.

Quote Originally Posted by a_decoy View Post
    Yes, the iPhone 4 has a smaller but better screen (3.5in compared to 3.7in on N1). It's better because it looks very sharp. AMOLED might have better color saturation but the crispness of the IPS LCD on the iPhone gives it a very slight edge.

New Android phones are pushing their on-board cameras to 8mp. But remember, more megapixels don't equal a better picture. Otherwise, if you look at the specs, majority will have a 600Mhz to 1GHz processor, big AMOLED or LCD touch screen, etc.

So in short, while the Nexus One may not be the new kid on the block, it's still cutting edge.

And if you haven't done it yet, you should go check out the iPhone 4 in person. Photos don't do the device justice. Very beautiful device and an excellent design. It may not make you want to leave Android, but the physical design of the thing is superb.
    I understand what you're saying, but these screen comparisons are quite subjective. It really depends a lot on what a person likes personally. I don't think that I need a screen any higher resolution than the Nexus One. Also, I like the high contrast ratio of the AMOLED screen.

At a normal viewing distance, I don't think the extra resolution is worth cost (in both $$ and battery power/GPU processing, remember that the more pixels that you have to manage -- the more work that has to be done someplace).

I would really say that the screen comparison between the iPhone 4 and the Nexus One is a complete wash. Each has merits over the other, whereas some people are just fixating on the screen resolution and ignoring everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by pewtavert View Post
    ...are we still on the cutting edge?????
    We're Android users - so yes we are always on the cutting edge.

Definitely agree with you there. But it speaks to just how far people have to go in order to find any differences. It really is coming down to personal preferences at this point, which for me Nexus One and Android won out.

Apple = Closed Systematic Propriety Development

Android = Open Source Development

Theoretically, open source will always prevail the leader especially in the ever emerging world market. Just look at the success of Wikipedia.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links