Call Answer Delay - Caller cannot hear me for a few seconds

This is a discussion on Call Answer Delay - Caller cannot hear me for a few seconds within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I'm having the same problem. It results in the caller hanging up most of the time. I'm on my third N1, for different reasons. But ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Call Answer Delay - Caller cannot hear me for a few seconds

I'm having the same problem. It results in the caller hanging up most of the time. I'm on my third N1, for different reasons. But they all have done it. I think it's an app I'm downloading causing the problem. I never have the problem out of the box. Just after I start loading apps. Maybe those of us without the problem should list the apps we have, that were downloaded from the market. Hopefully we will all have an app that's the same, and we can go from there.
    I'm not using my N1 ATM because of this prob. But I will post my apps this evening.

I believe this is the call transference in GV...I've simply grown used to it. I suppose I could try calling w/o GV to see if I notice a difference, but mostly I say hello, announce my name and if they can hear me okay...by that time they usually can! LOL!

I don't use GV. Haven't even opened the app on this phone. It must be something elses, in my case.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    I believe this is the call transference in GV...I've simply grown used to it. I suppose I could try calling w/o GV to see if I notice a difference, but mostly I say hello, announce my name and if they can hear me okay...by that time they usually can! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by davidusr View Post
    I don't use GV. Haven't even opened the app on this phone. It must be something elses, in my case.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Once I hear my call picked up, it's never more than 2 seconds, at most, that we are chatting...is yours longer?

Mines like the OP...5-10 seconds most of the time. Caller usually hangs up and I will call them back. I'm not positive, but it seems to be OK after power cycling the phone, but eventually comes back. Like after the phone has been on awhile...30-60 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by davidusr View Post
    Mines like the OP...5-10 seconds most of the time. Caller usually hangs up and I will call them back. I'm not positive, but it seems to be OK after power cycling the phone, but eventually comes back. Like after the phone has been on awhile...30-60 mins.
    Looks like a troubleshooting session. /sigh Go ahead and install free 'TasKiller', and try killing all apps, then place a call. No joy, it may not be an app. Success, we need to play launch and test until the culprit is found.

I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the help. I'll post back with the culprit/results.

Same issue here

I am using an unlocked nexus one on AT&T with the Android 2.2 update. I noticed the 5-10 second delay when answering calls when my phone was new out of the box. Sometime during the first few weeks of use, the issue disappeared. About a week ago I received the Android 2.2 update and the delay issue reappeared. I use Advanced Task Killer and notice Google Voice refuses to be killed. I wonder if this could be the issue.

Cool solution that worked for me

Uninstall vRecorder... I installed it and started to see the issue... started thinking what I did... and that was it...took it off and magic!!! Stopped getting the problem for good.
    Regards people!!!

Still have a delay in the answering...

I have AT&T and I've just started noticing the delay after the 2.2 update. I don't have the vRecorder installed (or at least I can't find it) but it's annoying.

Any chance in Google actually addressing the issue with a fix? I may have to give up the phone I LOVE if I can't answer.

HELP!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links