Call Answer Delay - Caller cannot hear me for a few seconds

This is a discussion on Call Answer Delay - Caller cannot hear me for a few seconds within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I kind of have the same problem. Mine is more like when I answer the phone. I am never able to slide it at the ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Call Answer Delay - Caller cannot hear me for a few seconds

I kind of have the same problem. Mine is more like when I answer the phone. I am never able to slide it at the first attempt to answer the call. It never slides successful. I try at least 2 time to slide and answer. I was relating this to the lag in the phone. Any ideas?

Everyone that has the problem needs to respond with the carrier they are on. My bet is that its carrier related and ATT is the culprit. I have the problem with my unlocked ATT band N1 but, I have had the same problem previously with older phones on ATT also.

I have a Nexus One on ATT and am having this problem too. It's a borderline deal-breaker for me. I'm coming from an iPhone 3GS on ATT and never had this problem before and this is driving me up the wall. Any news on a fix? And my phone is rooted and running TheOfficialNexus1 v2.10.1 build number FRF91.

I don't know if it will help anyone else but I was having the same issue for several months. My Nexus One was stock 2.1 when I purchased it 2 months ago. The phone app would crash/freeze/or give me the delay problem. I tried updating to Froyo, and it got worse. Sometimes the Phone App would crash completely, and all I could do is pull the battery. Most of the time, though, I could hear the other person but they could not here me for between 3 to 10 seconds. It was pretty consistent on every call. I tried reapplying the Froyo update when it came out. I tried installing froyo using a Univeral update (which I took to be a complete install, not an update), and it did not help. Between every install I wiped (reset) the phone to defaults. No help.

Recently I found the one touch root file that does not unlock the boot loader, and I used it to rip Google Voice off (which I did not use) thinking it was the culprit. That didn't help either. I downloaded a log collector app from the market, and emailed the log files to myself after every phone call when i get the delay. Unfortunately, when the app would freeze/crash, the logs would disappear so I couldn't get those.

From the log files I could get, I found that the Weather Channel app was in use all the time (I had the large widget on one screen tracking my current location), and for some reason, it had the ability to access the phone application (which it does not say it can when you install it, but it shows in the "settings>applications" on my Nexus one after install it). Of course I uninstalled it. For the past 3 days (about 5 to 7 calls in a row), I have not experienced a single issue. I tried the weather bug app, but when I installed it, the "settings>applications" shows that it too had access to the phone app. so I pulled it too. I am now using an app called "Weather widgets", which does not have access to the phone app.

To be clear I am not blaming the weather channel app. it may be conflicting with another app on my phone. I am saying that in my case (so far) removing the Weather channel app worked for me. It was the first app I downloaded, and used as a widget. It kept reinstalling every time I wiped my phone, so never noticed it.

I hope this helps other people!

I hope it is the final resolution for me, I love the phone, but so far it sucks for phone calls!

Many of us use AT&T without problems. So I'm pretty sure that it's not a carrier issue. I have no call issues with either the stock FroYo or Cyanogenmod 6.

It's probably some application that is interfering. What applications do you folks with the problem have in common?

Apps I have

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Many of us use AT&T without problems. So I'm pretty sure that it's not a carrier issue. I have no call issues with either the stock FroYo or Cyanogenmod 6.

It's probably some application that is interfering. What applications do you folks with the problem have in common?

I have currently installed:

Adobe flash Player 10.1
    At&t Mark the Spot
    At&t myWireless Mobile
    Battery life (by Curvefish, also has phone app access no idea why)
    Chess
    demoplayer
    Engadget
    Es file Explorer
    Fox news
    GPS Essentials
    Linpack for android
    Log collector
    Maps
    OI File Manager
    Pandora
    ProxyLighttester
    Retro Clock
    Speed Test
    Terminal Emulator
    Titanium Backup
    Universal Androot
    weather Widgets
    XE Currency

The one I removed was the Weather Channel app.

Does anyone else have any of these?

I switch back and forth between a BlackBerry and my N1, mostly because I can't seem to find a good keyboard for the N1 (hate touchscreens as it is) and this call issue. I've certainly experienced it quite a bit. I also had the Weather channel app installed with the widget (which I really liked!!). But...if that is what is causing the problem, I'll find another app.

Thanks for posting this. I'll try to remember and update this page in a week after I've had some time with it. Truly, thanks again!

Just as an update to you all, I have not experienced any issues since I pulled the weather channel app off my phone. Since I have gotten the phone, I would normally have had to reboot it every few days. So far it's been more than a week, and not one problem!

I've been having this issue as well. I'm about to uninstall the Weather Channel app and see if it solves my problem as it seems to have done for you, Maxx32. This has been driving me batty! I hope it works (although I will miss the WC app).

I'll report back in a few days as to whether or not this was the culprit for me.

ETA: I just removed WC app and installed Weather Bug (despite it having access to the phone) - I had my husband call me and the answer delay is gone. Will see how it goes for a while and let you guys know. And a big THANK YOU to Maxx32 for identifying which app was probably causing the problem! *fingers crossed*

I have this problem. AT&T N1. Using Google Voice. Do not have Weather Channel app.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links