Camera red circle

This is a discussion on Camera red circle within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Is it normal for the nexus one camera to have a fairly sized, faint, red shaded circle when taking pictures, or is it a manufacturer ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camera red circle

Camera red circle

Is it normal for the nexus one camera to have a fairly sized, faint, red shaded circle when taking pictures, or is it a manufacturer error?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

This was first reported when the Nexus was first released...subsequent firmware updates (update 1 specifically) cured this for many. What firmware are you running, and did you get the original update?

I am running the regular android 2.1. My phone arrived on the 21st, unlocked, I am using t-mobile prepaid service, and I did not unlock the boot-loader. When I click system updates under about the phone in settings it says that I am up to date. I did not receive the original update. Is there any way to do so?

just to chime in.. I never had this problem until I installed the OTA Froyo update I got yesterday. Now a rather large pinkish circle is clearly visible in the middle of my pictures.

Yeah, the pink circle sounds like it is exactly what i have, but I have not yet received the froyo update, but I am curious, will one be able to get the froyo OTA update if one is using a t-mobile pre-paid plan, or does it not matter at all?

Doesn't matter which plan you're on. As long as you have internet connectivity, you should get the OTA update.

if you open up the dialer and punch in *#*#checkin#*#*, it forces a check-in with Google and you might then get the option to download the OTA update right away.

Just to make sure, wifi too right, lol

I edited my post while you were posting. Yes, wifi too.

So what to do about the red circle? It doesn't bother too much, but still bothers, and at what time should one be concerned if one does not receive the froyo update?

No worries about the update, you should have it by the end of the week.. they don't get released to every phone at the same time (in batches I suppose).

I guess it doesn't hurt to open a bug ticket with Google about it, but it's been a known issue with the Nexus One (and the HTC HD2 too I believe), so maybe there's not much that can or will be done about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links