Text Message to Wrong Contact

This is a discussion on Text Message to Wrong Contact within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello, I experienced a very disturbing problem with my Nexus One yesterday. I had three open SMS conversations going on, one with my 11 year ...

Thread: Text Message to Wrong Contact

Text Message to Wrong Contact

Hello,

I experienced a very disturbing problem with my Nexus One yesterday. I had three open SMS conversations going on, one with my 11 year old son and two with some buddies. The message intended for my son went to my buddy. Obviously the reverse would have been much worse, but this is an extremely serious bug.

Let me continue by saying this was not user error on my part. I actually write android apps for a living, and in fact have been doing embedded software development for almost 15 years now. The message was attached to the correct thread on my phone, meaning it showed sent to my buddy. But my buddy did not receive it on his end, my son did.

Now I am more than happy to run any kind of tests or traces or logs that Google would like. But what I'd like to know is:

1) what is being done to fix this issue now?

and

2) what 3rd party SMS apps are available to us until this issue is corrected?

I searched other forums on the net and found mention of this bug by a number of users, particularly for Nexus One but also on HTC Incredible and Droid. But when I searched this forum I didn't find an active thread. That's not to say there isn't one, but I shouldn't have to spend hours searching for it either. So if there is a thread on this subject already, feel free to add this as a "me too". Otherwise, I hope other Nexus One users who have experienced this issue will chime in so that Google can get a fair idea of how many users are being affected by this bug and subsequently assign the right priority to it.

Regards,
    authorwjf

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I've had this happen to me before though I'm unsure if the message was actually delivered to the wrong party. The inly thing that I know for sure is that the wrong party was shown to be the recipient on the top of the screen. Yes this can be very dangerous and is very disturbing if in fact is an inherent flaw.

This has happened to me as well. A question I sent to a friend of mine was delivered to my girlfriend, who was sat next to me. I noticed right away when this happened not only because her phone beeped, but also because my delivery reports are turned on. The delivery report had my girlfriend's number, not the intended recipient.

This flaw is troubling. The version of Android I'm running is FRF83, which I had only installed the day before.

Quote Originally Posted by authorwjf View Post
    what 3rd party SMS apps are available to us
    I use Handcent (free in market.) Full of features, highly customizable.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links