Google Talk / Multiple account problems

This is a discussion on Google Talk / Multiple account problems within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Since having my Nexus One, I've started a second Google account (GoogleApps to be exact - for my company email, chat, etc.). Unfortunately, while the ...

Thread: Google Talk / Multiple account problems

Google Talk / Multiple account problems

Since having my Nexus One, I've started a second Google account (GoogleApps to be exact - for my company email, chat, etc.).

Unfortunately, while the phone on it's own, figured out / configured my work email on the device.....for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to get my Google Talk account for work to function. Basically, despite setting up, it fails to allow me to connect, erring every time.

Anyone know how to get this second account to work?

Thanks,

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Google talk defaults to the very first account you put on your phone. So if you associated your phone with your work account first (bad move IMHO for other reasons) you only have Google talk with your work account. And that's only if your admin allows Gtalk. Another reason NOT to associate your first account with your work account is that when you purchase apps, they are automatically associated with your work account regardless of if you purchase them with your personal account. You cannot have Google move the apps to your personal account. They'll make you repurchase every single app. I know from experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Luq07 View Post
    Google talk defaults to the very first account you put on your phone. So if you associated your phone with your work account first (bad move IMHO for other reasons) you only have Google talk with your work account. And that's only if your admin allows Gtalk. Another reason NOT to associate your first account with your work account is that when you purchase apps, they are automatically associated with your work account regardless of if you purchase them with your personal account. You cannot have Google move the apps to your personal account. They'll make you repurchase every single app. I know from experience.
    The first account associated with my phone is my personal account, and that is my preference. I just don't understand why, even when I use an alternate chat app (Meebo), my work account can't sign on (it does for email, just not chat).

Found a solution

Well, for anyone who has suffered through this problem, I found a solution by doing a web search....found an alternate way of doing this.

I uninstalled Meebo (3rd party IM app from my phone).
    Then, on my PC, went to Meebo.com and registered with Meebo, with my preferred email and a password.
    I then added all of my various IM programs, Yahoo, AOL, and both Google Talk accounts to Meebo.

Now, coming back to the phone, I installed the Meebo app again. This time, when configuring, I just configured the one Meebo account.....and it automatically syncs up the others.

I realize that this is a one sign in for all accounts....but with the exception of the two (2) google talk accounts, I can add them to Meebo on my phone, so that I can control signing in on one IM carrier (Yahoo), while not signing in on AOL.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links