Phone locked-up twice, now won't power on

This is a discussion on Phone locked-up twice, now won't power on within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Here's what happened to me today. Nexus One, purchased in February, now running Froyo 2.2. NOT rooted. I clicked a bitly link in the twitter ...

Thread: Phone locked-up twice, now won't power on

Exclamation Phone locked-up twice, now won't power on

Here's what happened to me today.
    Nexus One, purchased in February, now running Froyo 2.2. NOT rooted.

I clicked a bitly link in the twitter app, and the page started to load in the browser, but the phone became unresponsive. I waited about a minute. It wouldn't respond to any inputs.

So I pulled the battery, restarted the phone, and clicked the link again. It became unresponsive again. As I pulled the battery a second time, I was considering filing a bug report.

Here's the problem: now the phone won't turn on.

I tried holding the power button, I tried leaving the battery out for 5+ minutes. Still nothing.

I called tech support 1-888-48-NEXUS and explained what happened. She had me try holding volume down and the trackball, and then hold the power button, but that didn't get it to turn on either.

There was some drama when she asked if I was running Froyo, and I said yes, but the rep from HTC said that wasn't a problem as long as I didn't unlock the bootloader. (Which I didn't.)

So, while I'm waiting for my warranty replacement, do any of you have any ideas how I can get this thing to power on?

Also, any thoughts on what caused the phone to quit like that? Could it be a malicious link and/or a security hole in the browser? Has the power button failed?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

same thing happend to me when i would try to power up the phone would vibrate three times and nothing all i did was put in and pull out the battery a couple of times and it powered back on

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links