Camera Can't Focus?

This is a discussion on Camera Can't Focus? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Thought you guys might get a kick out of this: After my "needs glasses" comment, I thought, what the heck, I've tried everything else! Sure ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camera Can't Focus?

Thought you guys might get a kick out of this:

After my "needs glasses" comment, I thought, what the heck, I've tried everything else!

Sure enough, it actually works, although it's pretty embarrassing to take pictures like that... lol
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Nexus One: "Hold it any way you want to!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gwhiz2k View Post
    Thought you guys might get a kick out of this:

After my "needs glasses" comment, I thought, what the heck, I've tried everything else!

Sure enough, it actually works, although it's pretty embarrassing to take pictures like that... lol
    All you need now is a piece of scotch tape and a replacement pair of glasses. Or call HTC (at this point, it does seem like it's a hardware issue)

Called Google, who tried to fix the issue first, and then put me through to HTC.

They had me do a factory reset, then try again. No dice.

HTC took my info, and I guess I'll send it in next week. They said they might be able to just fix the camera, but we'll see what happens. They said 3 days, but I'm in Canada so that might take longer. Guess I'm back to my old HTC Diamond for a few days.

Pretty impressed with how Android restores all your applications. Is this just a 2.2 thing? Wow, I had to set up my email accounts again, but that took about 5 minutes. Also had to back up my SMS messages to Gmail, although I can't figure out how to get them back. At least they're there though.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

I noticed after 2.2 upgrade yesterday that i have streaks in the picture.

My camera sucks after 2.2 update too. I don't think it is a hardware issue.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bossying View Post
    My camera sucks after 2.2 update too. I don't think it is a hardware issue.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Mine's definitely a hardware issue... HTC even agrees. We tried to do a factory reset as well as upgrading to Froyo... It can't focus.. Check out my pics..

Just for the record, I seem to have the same problem all of a sudden. It worked fine for about 9 months, now it is giving me out of focus for stuff that is far away, while close ups look fine. I cleaned all possible dust so I don't think that's it.

did you have any luck sending it to HTC? I am afraid I will have to do the same. Not too happy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by brunoxyz View Post
    Just for the record, I seem to have the same problem all of a sudden. It worked fine for about 9 months, now it is giving me out of focus for stuff that is far away, while close ups look fine. I cleaned all possible dust so I don't think that's it.

did you have any luck sending it to HTC? I am afraid I will have to do the same. Not too happy about it.
    Hi

I did send it in to HTC, and they fixed it under warranty and sent it back. It was the exact same phone, so I'm guessing that they just replaced the camera component.

Works fine ever since

awesome! thanks for the reply. Mine is still under warranty so I will call and see.

Just wanted to let people know that I also sent my phone to HTC and in two days I had it back and fixed. I was returned the same device with a new or fixed camera, it seems.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links