Camera Can't Focus?

This is a discussion on Camera Can't Focus? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi My N1 was taking beautiful pictures when I first got it, but now lately it can't seem to focus on much. I've tried messing ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camera Can't Focus?

Camera Can't Focus?

Hi

My N1 was taking beautiful pictures when I first got it, but now lately it can't seem to focus on much. I've tried messing with setting, (ie: "Infinity" vs "auto"), but nothing seems to change it. It's especially noticeable when I'm taking a longer shot, but it seems to be in every shot. The camera can't seem to focus. I've tried downloading a different camera app, but got the same results.

I checked both sides of the lens in the case, and cleaned the glass underneath the back case as well. They are clean.

Any suggestions? I did a search on Google and on the forum, but all I can find is issues with a red circle, which I don't have.

The first example (please ignore my messy house) (2010-06-01 19.17.26) is taken shortly after I got the phone, and the second one (2010-06-29 12.26.22) is from today. The last pic (2010-06-22 21.30.58) is of the Eagles concert here last week, showing that it's blurrier in the middle. Content near the edges, even at the same distance, is clear.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images    

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

*bump*

So no one else has had this problem? I'm alone?

Gonna see if it gets fixed with Froyo, but if not, I guess I'm going to have to warranty the phone...

Update:

The camera can focus fine up close, but can't take pictures further away, even with the "infinity" focus setting.

Updated to Froyo.. My camera is still taking blurry pictures no matter what I do

I guess I'm just talking to myself here...

No, you're not talking to yourself.

It's just that I haven't experienced this issue, and I'm guessing nobody else has either. I wish I had some sort of solution to try, but you've already cleaned the glass inside and out, so I really don't know what else you could try.

Perhaps a call to HTC is in order; though you may have to send in your phone for a chekcout.

Sorry, G, but that's all I got.

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    No, you're not talking to yourself.

It's just that I haven't experienced this issue, and I'm guessing nobody else has either. I wish I had some sort of solution to try, but you've already cleaned the glass inside and out, so I really don't know what else you could try.

Perhaps a call to HTC is in order; though you may have to send in your phone for a chekcout.

Sorry, G, but that's all I got.
    Thanks for the reply

I've tried everything, seems the issue is it focuses close no matter what. Really too bad, because I liked the camera on my N1..

Do I call HTC, not Google?

Being a hardware problem, yes, you'd call HTC. If you call Google, they'd just transfer you over to HTC.

Keep us posted on your progress/results, ok?

Try a retest WITHOUT your battery cover...

Have you tried clearing the cache for the camera app?

Menu > Settings > Applications > Menu Button > Filter > All. Scroll to Camera, open it up and Clear Cache, Clear Data and Force Stop the Application.

Re-open camera and see if the issue is fixed...

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Try a retest WITHOUT your battery cover...
    Thanks alphawave7, I did try that. I noticed that my problems seemed to start around the time I put on my case, so I tried first without the case, then I removed the battery cover as well and took a few shots. Same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jlishere View Post
    Have you tried clearing the cache for the camera app?

Menu > Settings > Applications > Menu Button > Filter > All. Scroll to Camera, open it up and Clear Cache, Clear Data and Force Stop the Application.

Re-open camera and see if the issue is fixed...
    That was really great advice, but unfortunately, it's still there. Here's a shot I just took after doing that. Notice that the fence is perfectly in focus, but the tree far away is not. I got the exact same result with the setting on "infinity".

One thing I have noticed, is that up close focusing works fine... You can hear/see it focusing on the object in the middle of the viewer. So my bar-code scanner works fine. The other pic clearly shows that it focused on the lighter, and blurred the surrounding objects.

Maybe it needs glasses =)

Totally sad, because I really love the new FroYo camera app..
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Nexus One: "Hold it any way you want to!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links