196MB "System Memory?"

This is a discussion on 196MB "System Memory?" within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; On my Nexus One I downloaded the "My Account" app and it shows that i have 196 System Memory and 83% of it was used ...

Thread: 196MB "System Memory?"

196MB "System Memory?"

On my Nexus One I downloaded the "My Account" app and it shows that i have 196 System Memory and 83% of it was used up! So I uninstalled some of my apps that use up alot of space and now I barely have any apps left and it still says 70% memory used up! My SD Memory is ok but I want to know what uses up my "System" Memory if not just the apps? And what will happen when it's all used up? Will I not be able to download anymore apps?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Dragon, there are many things you can do...I am planning to get a bigger SD card so I can play around with APPS to SD capability...but right now I have the stock SD card and 179 apps and still some space although very little left..Remeber that music, pictures, videos take up a bootload of space, so if you love music like I do, you may want to browse and test "cloud based storage" like dropbox and several others. Also I have more than a couple nandroid backups that take up a lot too. That is why I am planning to only keep 1 or 2 nandroid backups directly on my SD. I am not sure how much into digging around in your phone, but rooted access gives you easier access and I noticed that some apps leave crap on your SD even after you uninstall...but be very careful deleting if you are not comfortable rambling around these things. Sorry about being lengthy but I hoped I helped.
    CM7.0.3
    Overclocked 1113

Quote Originally Posted by SnapDragon View Post
    On my Nexus One I downloaded the "My Account" app and it shows that i have 196 System Memory and 83% of it was used up! So I uninstalled some of my apps that use up alot of space and now I barely have any apps left and it still says 70% memory used up! My SD Memory is ok but I want to know what uses up my "System" Memory if not just the apps? And what will happen when it's all used up? Will I not be able to download anymore apps?
    That is correct. When you use up all your space, you are out of space.

That's life in this universe.

Thanks alot cb roberts! And I'm looking up cloud based storage as i type!

Quote Originally Posted by SnapDragon View Post
    Thanks alot cb roberts! And I'm looking up cloud based storage as i type!
    I'm sorry, but you two are confusing internal and external storage.

Music, picture, videos, etc. do not go into internal storage, only external.

"Cloud storage" will not free up any internal storage.

Right beer goggles, but if he has plenty of space on his SD that would leave more room to experiment with apps to SD if he decides to get a bigger SD..sorry if I confused you Dragon...if your like me and have a ton of music and pictures..the apps holding this information takes up more space as well....
    one other thing Dragon on saving space...i always keep a low amount of text messages saved too...one time before I set to delete after so many, I had over a thousand old texts saved LOL
    CM7.0.3
    Overclocked 1113

Homepipe, ZumoDrive and SugarSync to name a couple to browse to save "external space" Dragon...let me know if you prefer one over the other...I cant decide...LOL
    CM7.0.3
    Overclocked 1113

I also want to clear out some space, I am rooted and have done a few backups with RomManager. I went to the F drive on my comp which I assume is the actual phone.. I then noticed that the clockworksmod folder is quite big with 2.22 gb, i went into it and noticed that that under the backup folder in there i have 5 files with dates on it, dates I made backups.. I don't want to mess anything up but how safe is it to just erase a couple of those older files? Is that all it takes to delete older backups which use a lot of memory?

Thanks for the help guys,

cb

are you rooted with a hi mem sense rom on it

you could create an sd ext and use dark tremor if rom supports it and move your apps and dalvik cache to the ext

or some of the roms do it for you

not sure how it all works if you are not rooted

ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links