Just bought rooted phone, factory data reset?

This is a discussion on Just bought rooted phone, factory data reset? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello and thanks for your help. I just bought a rooted phone today (N1) that is running on froyo 2.2 Build number: frf50 However, i ...

Thread: Just bought rooted phone, factory data reset?

Angry Just bought rooted phone, factory data reset?

Hello and thanks for your help.

I just bought a rooted phone today (N1) that is running on froyo 2.2 Build number: frf50

However, i cannot download any apps because it wants the previous owners gmail password. When i try to delete their account the phone says that the account is required by some applications and i must restore the phone to factory defaults.

My question is, if I do this will the phone no longer be 'rooted?' Or even worse, will I brick it? I dont know how to check if the rom are backed up or not...... can someone please help! Pretty much I would like to know if my phone will turn on again if i do this and if it does will it still be rooted?

Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I don't think you'll lose the root if you do a factory reset. But you will lose all the setting and applications. If you have Titanium Backup installed, you might want to back up your data before you do the factory reset.

BTW, factory reset won't brick your N1.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

Talking

thanks for the reply, it worked I just wanted to be sure. I appreciate your help!

No problem. Glad to help. Since noticing that you're on FRF50, why don't you look around a bit because the official FRF85B is here now fir you to update.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links