location unavailable

This is a discussion on location unavailable within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by zdaja i did download a gps tester and i run it for 30min with no results i dunno if is the software ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: location unavailable

Quote Originally Posted by zdaja View Post
    i did download a gps tester and i run it for 30min with no results i dunno if is the software or the hardware who don't work or the both together im thinking to use bluetooth gps receiver and see what will happen anyway ithink google need to recall all the n1:nexusx:
    Sounds like a hardware failure. Contact HTC.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    i did download a gps tester and i run it for 30min with no results i dunno if is the software or the hardware who don't work or the both together im thinking to use bluetooth gps receiver and see what will happen anyway ithink google need to recall all the n1:nexusx:
    Maybe, but not necessarily.

In another thread (or is it another forum, can't remember, maybe both...), other members (including myself) had the same problem. My GPS just "ran on empty" for hours, then for days and cannot find my location, but it was a software problem.

Solution depends on whether the GPS sees the satellites, but cannot make a fix, or doesn't see the satellites at all. That's why I asked this question in my previous post. There are several apps in the market which help you determining that.

In my case, I had .... both cases. If the GPS can see the satellites but cannot make a fix, it's a pure software problem which can be easily solved. That was my case when I first had this problem.

But a few weeks later my GPS cannot even find the satellites. For days. It may be hardware problem as you say, but in my case it was also software. As it was explained to me, it's similar to the case reported by some members where they loose the phone signal when they enter a tunnel and, once they exit the tunnel, the phone cannot catch the signal again. They recommended to force the GPS to reset, and it worked for me.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by GandJim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Maybe, but not necessarily.

In another thread (or is it another forum, can't remember, maybe both...), other members (including myself) had the same problem. My GPS just "ran on empty" for hours, then for days and cannot find my location, but it was a software problem.

Solution depends on whether the GPS sees the satellites, but cannot make a fix, or doesn't see the satellites at all. That's why I asked this question in my previous post. There are several apps in the market which help you determining that.

In my case, I had .... both cases. If the GPS can see the satellites but cannot make a fix, it's a pure software problem which can be easily solved. That was my case when I first had this problem.

But a few weeks later my GPS cannot even find the satellites. For days. It may be hardware problem as you say, but in my case it was also software. As it was explained to me, it's similar to the case reported by some members where they loose the phone signal when they enter a tunnel and, once they exit the tunnel, the phone cannot catch the signal again. They recommended to force the GPS to reset, and it worked for me.

Jim
    Anything specific HTC had you do to reset the GPS? Simple reboot/Factory Reset?

well mine dont pickup any satellites or any signal it look like im having hardware problem im thinking to send it to htc

hi guys im owner of nexus 4...
    How is that compared to a nexus 1 ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links