location unavailable

This is a discussion on location unavailable within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; hi guys im owner of nexus 4 days agao now and i got issue with the location unavailable and my gps dont start i dunno ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: location unavailable

Unhappy location unavailable

hi guys im owner of nexus 4 days agao now and i got issue with the location unavailable and my gps dont start i dunno what wrong with this phone can i get some help plz many thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

you have enabled gps under location & security settings? also tick use wireless networks, which uses wifi triangulation and celluar network to pinpoint your location, make sure both check boxes are ticked.

well when i tick the wireless networks my location will be around 2 to 3 miles away from my actual location and another thing when i start my gps it wont connect just searching for gps is taking forever for no result

I have the same Issue. Since I got my Froyo update this morning my Nexus cant find my location.
    Both : use my wireless networks and use gps are turned on under location & security settings.
    All the apps that use location base, like maps, news & weather as well as forsquare cant find me .
    anyone else has same issue?

Quote Originally Posted by birdeye View Post
    I have the same Issue. Since I got my Froyo update this morning my Nexus cant find my location.
    Both : use my wireless networks and use gps are turned on under location & security settings.
    All the apps that use location base, like maps, news & weather as well as forsquare cant find me .
    anyone else has same issue?
    You've rebooted?

Quote Originally Posted by birdeye View Post
    Since I got my Froyo update this morning my Nexus cant find my location.
    I had the same issue after updating to 2.2. I then just shut down and restarted the N1, and it finds my location again.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by zdaja View Post
    .... when i start my gps it wont connect just searching for gps is taking forever for no result
    1. Are you in open sky (not inside a building)?
    2. Have you enable GPS in the phone settings?
    3. If answers to 1 and 2 are yes, did the phone see the satellites, but cannot make a fix, like: Sats (Sats in view): 7/ Fix (Sats in use): 0, or does it not see any satellites at all (Sats: 0/Fix: 0)?

Jim

gps on nexus

i did download a gps tester and i run it for 30min with no results i dunno if is the software or the hardware who don't work or the both together im thinking to use bluetooth gps receiver and see what will happen anyway ithink google need to recall all the n1:nexusx:

anyway ithink google need to recall all the n1:nexusx:
    That's a little harsh. I don't have any problems with my gps or any location-based software on FroYo. No need for a recall here.

Since you have only recently gotten your Nexus, you probably don't have a lot of apps loaded, so this might be a good time to do a factory reset to be sure the core apps are working before you download anything else. Be sure you have all your settings set up correctly. If you still have problems post as much detail here as you can so you can get the right help (which Nexus phone, provider, steps you've tried, etc.)

i did download a gps tester and i run it for 30min with no results i dunno if is the software or the hardware who don't work or the both together im thinking to use bluetooth gps receiver and see what will happen anyway ithink google need to recall all the n1:nexusx:
    they aint getting mine after all the work i put in :rofl3:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links