pics & movies keep disappear from my SD card

This is a discussion on pics & movies keep disappear from my SD card within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; SanDisk 16gig class 4 w/ 800 mp3s, 16 videos, 60 jpg/gif files, 8 apps = 36% full. 7 months, No problems (Backed-up once weekly)...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: pics & movies keep disappear from my SD card

SanDisk 16gig class 4 w/ 800 mp3s, 16 videos, 60 jpg/gif files, 8 apps = 36% full. 7 months, No problems

(Backed-up once weekly)

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    There seems to be a lot of problems with the 16 Gig card. I have seen so many postings here about that. If I ever do get a bigger card, 8 GIG would be the biggest I'd go to.

I had the same issue with a 8GB SD Class 2 and a 1GB SD.

pics & movies keep disappear from my SD card

My problem with the SD card is not the disappearing act but made the phone totally not working. Without the SD card in the slot, the phone works fine. I sent the N1 back for repair only to find the same problem after it's "repaired". Now I'm waiting for a swapped one to see if the problem is just my unit or else.

I am sure everyone here knows how to unmount the card. There may be up to two choices in your task bar to click on within the the little device icon there. You must click on both and get the OK to remove device. Then unmount the phone thru the phones Turn Off Mass Storage. Any other way can cause sd card damage.

I know this is basic knowledge but sometimes we forget.

No problems with my 16gb Class6 A-Data card.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    Iv got the one sent with the phone, 4gb, but i have noticed that files do go misssing, i have 100s of pics on my phone, and iv lost a few, enough to know their gone, folder with 20 pics now has 7 etc. just noticed it recently, very annoying.

In either case, id kill to have a bigger card, pics+music alone fill up the card to 98%

32GB
    is what i need
    T.T

Hi people, I have the same problem, about 3000 photos and videos was disappear from my sd card (the original 8gb that comes with the cellphone), but I have a mileston 2 with froyo, not a nexus one, anybody knows the origin of this problem?...

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ariellarraburu View Post
    Hi people, I have the same problem, about 3000 photos and videos was disappear from my sd card (the original 8gb that comes with the cellphone), but I have a mileston 2 with froyo, not a nexus one, anybody knows the origin of this problem?...

Thanks.
    Hey, I don't know much about the Milestone series but are you a root user?

Quote Originally Posted by Action123 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ariellarraburu View Post

Thanks.
    Hey, I don't know much about the Milestone series but are you a root user?

Yes I have superuser privileges on my cellphone, why?

Well, I'm just getting a feeling that these problems may be sourcing from some sort of bug or even malware. If superuser is an active service running, there is a chance that a malware attack could go through that, then eating at your files on your SD. I don't know this for a fact, but that could be a possibility.

Possibility but hilly unlikely unless the user is rooted without the super user app because there is a difference super user well that is a permission on your phone that allows you to do thing you could not normally do such as delete system files and install custom recoveries and ROMs. But the super user app on the other hand is not super user permissions it is simply a fire wall that will prohibit any app from using super user unless you grant it that permission. So all in all if it is malware then I think it would be simpler for the thing to just go through a file manager and delete the files because those don't need super user permissions to delete file to the SD, card they are granted that permission when they are installed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links