What the hell happened to my volume options with froyo?

This is a discussion on What the hell happened to my volume options with froyo? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by Nimblor I used to have a silent mode a vibrate mode and then a noise making mode with or without vibration. It ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What the hell happened to my volume options with froyo?

Quote Originally Posted by Nimblor View Post
    I used to have a silent mode a vibrate mode and then a noise making mode with or without vibration. It seems that now all I have is a vibrate mode or a noise making mode or a silent mode and a vibrate with noise mode or a silent mode and a noisemaking mode with no vibrate. Google enhanced the options by removing one..??

That is kind of my point. It seemed a lot simpler to turn vibration and sound notification off by turning the volume all the way down. Now it seems I have to enter settings and make changes through the menus.
    I get you dude!

The only option is to go one up from vibrate...lowest audio volume, and choose soft sounding notifications and ringtones

Another feature that is irritating is double-sided landscape, now i cant lie on my side to read anymore...

Feel Sorry, That no one else get you!

Keep the Faith!

Quote Originally Posted by joshua32 View Post
    I just use the Beautiful Widgets for wifi, silent, vibrate, and gps. Easier than just holiding the volume button up or down.
    Awesome! So I can use an app to get the original functionality back. Super. Really great awesumness. Good thing there are 5 screens of space for widgets. I guess this is why. More super neeto updates like this one and I will have them used up in no time.

Wouldn't it be nicer to have an option to set the volume switch to do whatever you wanted it to do, old options new options, etc? I can't fathom how reducing options is beneficial. I liked being able to put my phone on silent quickly before a meeting rather than putzing through apps to do so. Sometimes I just want vibrate, sometimes I want silent, sometimes I want sound and sometimes I want sound and vibrate.

What I really want is to be able to set it up how it works best for me and have it work that way.

Wow, you having a bad day? Sounds like you just need to get rid of your N1 and go buy an old Nokia. I am sorry to hear that your life is so complicated and hectic that you need that fraction of a second to switch from full volume to silent or, heaven forbid, download a widget to help. I was offering an alternative solution that would offer some relief to your griping but completely apologize for the lack of awesumness in my reply, lmao....

Good luck with climbing out of the bottomless pit that the removal of a silent option by Google has created for your life. My prayers are with you.

~Just messing with you...had to retaliate with an internet jab since you chose to pick on me over that guy that offered an audible sound to your silent option predicament.

{humbly stepping off of soap box}

Quote Originally Posted by joshua32 View Post
    Wow, you having a bad day? Sounds like you just need to get rid of your N1 and go buy an old Nokia. I am sorry to hear that your life is so complicated and hectic that you need that fraction of a second to switch from full volume to silent or, heaven forbid, download a widget to help. I was offering an alternative solution that would offer some relief to your griping but completely apologize for the lack of awesumness in my reply, lmao....

Good luck with climbing out of the bottomless pit that the removal of a silent option by Google has created for your life. My prayers are with you.

~Just messing with you...had to retaliate with an internet jab since you chose to pick on me over that guy that offered an audible sound to your silent option predicament.

{humbly stepping off of soap box}
    Don't worry. I was just getting more beer.

His option sucks too. The first notch on the audible volume scale is still audible to me. Maybe I have over sensitive ears. How awesummmmmmmmmmm is having 'Baby got Back' whispering from your pocket during a quiet moment with a client. Its a horse a piece with the vibrator going crazy in my pocket. Either way it is annoying to whoever I am with but interesting for me. I could do with less of that kind of interest and more options from my phone.

I'm not alone with this problem.
    http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=8668

Well i found the two must have widgets for froyo to recover 2 of eclair's functionalities. They are 2 widgets from "CurveFish"-
    1) SilentMode
    2) Auto Rotate

Two eclair legacy apps i'm looking at better options for are from "Nicolas Thibaut"-

1) Taskiller
    2) KeepScreen

4 Amazing programmes!

I ended up using Ring Toggle. It is still a shame I can't set my phone to vibrate without looking at it. If this irritates you, post about it here Issue 9465 The 8668 is closed ..?

You got my vote... +1 Starred it

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimblor View Post
    I used to have a silent mode a vibrate mode and then a noise making mode with or without vibration. It seems that now all I have is a vibrate mode or a noise making mode or a silent mode and a vibrate with noise mode or a silent mode and a noisemaking mode with no vibrate. Google enhanced the options by removing one..??

That is kind of my point. It seemed a lot simpler to turn vibration and sound notification off by turning the volume all the way down. Now it seems I have to enter settings and make changes through the menus.
    I get you dude!0

The only option is to go one up from vibrate...lowest audio volume, and choose soft sounding notifications and ringtones

Another feature that is irritating is double-sided landscape, now i cant lie on my side to read anymore...

Feel Sorry, That no one else get you!

Keep the Faith!
    Get swithpro you can turn of landscape and alot more it's one of my favorite apps. it will also toggle silent and vibration as well.
    One Nexus To Rule Them All!

thank you coldfusionb
    But I'm ok with these two curve fish widgets
    Your alternative is deeply appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    Well i found the two must have widgets for froyo to recover 2 of eclair's functionalities. They are 2 widgets from "CurveFish"-
    1) SilentMode
    2) Auto Rotate

Two eclair legacy apps i'm looking at better options for are from "Nicolas Thibaut"-

1) Taskiller
    2) KeepScreen

4 Amazing programmes!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links