What the hell happened to my volume options with froyo?

This is a discussion on What the hell happened to my volume options with froyo? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Just got the OTA update on Friday. Now my volume down no longer goes to silent. WTF?!! Is there any way that is easy to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What the hell happened to my volume options with froyo?

What the hell happened to my volume options with froyo?

Just got the OTA update on Friday. Now my volume down no longer goes to silent. WTF?!! Is there any way that is easy to get the old functionality back?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Check sound settings. Now has a vibrate-when setting. Makes more sense now..but yeah..an adjustment.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Beauty is in the eyes of the beerholder

Please explain how this makes more sense. Now I can not set it to silent with the volume switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimblor View Post
    Please explain how this makes more sense. Now I can not set it to silent with the volume switch.
    No problems here...I simply said 'never' on vibrate, since I don't use it. It makes more sense because, for me never using it, vibrate shouldn't be an option using the volume toggle. It makes sense to separate it out to a different function control.

I used to have a silent mode a vibrate mode and then a noise making mode with or without vibration. It seems that now all I have is a vibrate mode or a noise making mode or a silent mode and a vibrate with noise mode or a silent mode and a noisemaking mode with no vibrate. Google enhanced the options by removing one..??

I used to have a silent mode a vibrate mode and then a noise making mode with or without vibration. It seems that now all I have is a vibrate mode or a noise making mode or a silent mode and a vibrate with noise mode or a silent mode and a noisemaking mode with no vibrate. Google enhanced the options by removing one..??
    i needed a cryptographer to help me with that post :rofl3:

Quote Originally Posted by tonybhoy View Post
    i needed a cryptographer to help me with that post :rofl3:
    That is kind of my point. It seemed a lot simpler to turn vibration and sound notification off by turning the volume all the way down. Now it seems I have to enter settings and make changes through the menus.

I Just noticed that myself. I never used the silent setting always stopped at vibrate but I kind of miss it now.

Just use Settings > Sounds > Vibrate and set to "Never". Then you can go to silent mode by turning the volume down as normal.

I just use the Beautiful Widgets for wifi, silent, vibrate, and gps. Easier than just holiding the volume button up or down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links