Browser Not Working

This is a discussion on Browser Not Working within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I have a similar browser problem. I am from India using Ideacellular network and 3G is still not available with this ISP and am using ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Browser Not Working

I have a similar browser problem. I am from India using Ideacellular network and 3G is still not available with this ISP and am using EDGE/GPRS.

I had upgraded my Nexus One manually to FRF50. After that the native/stock browser has stopped working. However Opera beta is working well. All other apps are working fine. Two days back I again manually updated to FRF83.
    Just immediately after that when I tried to check if the native browser was working, I was prompted for the OTA which went through successfully. The new version is FRF91. But still the default browser is not working and Opera beta is working.

After seeing the suggestions in this forum, I tried the procedure (link provided by Mate1969) -till factory reset but this has not helped.
    ( I assume that 'QR' in Lionsson's suggestion is Quick Reply)

any suggestion please????

Hi, Have you tried a proper Hard Re-set as decribed on the Google Nexus one forum. Just search Hard Re-set and follow the instructions, you will loose any unsaved info.It worked for me. Goodluck. John

Thanks, John for the quick response. I wanted to avoid a hard reset. (even though it is similar to manually upgrading the system which I have done twice.) But I will try your suggestion and get back, hopefully with a smile?!?

The hard reset also did NOT help in getting the browser work!

any other suggestion?

I've read where some have had a proxy (and port) listed in their settings that when removed solved their browser issues. May not have anything to do with your particular problem, but might be worth a try?

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    I've read where some have had a proxy (and port) listed in their settings that when removed solved their browser issues. May not have anything to do with your particular problem, but might be worth a try?
    Hi Maris, It worked. I had a proxy number in the APN setting which when removed helped. THANKS A TON! Such a simple solution!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links