Cannot Install Flash on 2.2 "Sorry, there's not enough space to install this item."

This is a discussion on Cannot Install Flash on 2.2 "Sorry, there's not enough space to install this item." within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I was hugely excited when my N1 updated yesterday to 2.2 aka Froyo, mostly because I was very eager to gain flash capabilities in my ...

Thread: Cannot Install Flash on 2.2 "Sorry, there's not enough space to install this item."

Cannot Install Flash on 2.2 "Sorry, there's not enough space to install this item."

I was hugely excited when my N1 updated yesterday to 2.2 aka Froyo, mostly because I was very eager to gain flash capabilities in my browser. However, when I went to the android market and tried to install Flash 10.1 Beta 3, I received an error message upon hitting the install button that read as follows:

"Sorry, there's not enough space to install this item."

Interestingly enough, I looked at my phone's memory and there is over 60 mB left on the internal storage of the phone and about 1 gig left on the SDHC card. I tried to install various other apps from the market and every single one of them downloaded and installed without issue. The size of the flash app is under 4 mB according to the android marketplace, but it won't let me install it. I tried rebooting the phone and even taking out the SDHC card but nothing helped. I'm hoping this is something easy to resolve, but I am becoming very frustrated that I'm still missing out on flash even though I should be able to download it now.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions and comments.

--Ilya--

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Starting to see a few reports of this now..reboot and retry..success?

Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately I have tried rebooting several times and it has not changed anything. Any other ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf64 View Post
    Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately I have tried rebooting several times and it has not changed anything. Any other ideas?
    I personally would do a factory reset, which sucks. :|

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    I personally would do a factory reset, which sucks. :|
    Is there any way to backup all my apps, settings, and text messages before doing a factory reset? I really would like to avoid this, especially since there is no guarantee that this will fix my problem.

Can you try installing it from this link instead http://bit.ly/cap3eo

I'm wondering if it's flash itself or just the Market that's screwing up. The file above is an apk I put in my Dropbox, it's the the same one from the market.

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post

I'm wondering if it's flash itself or just the Market that's screwing up. The file above is an apk I put in my Dropbox, it's the the same one from the market.
    Excellent advice, sir! I installed from your dropbox and everything worked flawlessly, all I had to do was allow my phone to install "unofficial" apps since the download did not come from the market. I'm not quite sure what the problem was, but at least this offers a workaround while things get worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post

Excellent advice, sir! I installed from your dropbox and everything worked flawlessly, all I had to do was allow my phone to install "unofficial" apps since the download did not come from the market. I'm not quite sure what the problem was, but at least this offers a workaround while things get worked out.
    Awesome, glad it worked

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links