Bug with handsfree not working in vibration mode

This is a discussion on Bug with handsfree not working in vibration mode within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey Froyo issue: Say I have my N1 on vibration mode and listening to music through my handsfree. If somebody gives me a call the ...

Thread: Bug with handsfree not working in vibration mode

Bug with handsfree not working in vibration mode

Hey

Froyo issue:
    Say I have my N1 on vibration mode and listening to music through my handsfree. If somebody gives me a call the phone vibrates but I can't hear the ringing! Furthermore, the answer-button doesn't work!

If I enable sound, the answer-button works and I can hear the ringing, but now the phone itself also rings so everyone else can hear it too! This is super-frustrating!

I use Klipsch s4i headset and the Setting Profiles app.

Anyone?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Same issue as above in Nexus S 2.3 gingerbread

As you have described, I am facing exactly the same issue but in 2.3 Gingerbread OS.

However, my friend's Nexus S works absolutely fine regarding this issue without any problem , so I am guessing it's few select models which have this issue.

Did you ever get any resolution to the issue? i couldn't find any solution on the internet as such. It doesn't seem to be a widely reported problem

No, I didn't. I don't think there is a good resolution.

What I ended up doing is the following (using "Setting Profiles"-app): Whenever I connect my headphones I activate my "music-profile". This sets the ringer-volume on the lowest level. In this way, I can hear the ringing through the phones, while the sound is probably too low for anyone else to hear it.

Good luck!

Btw: I find it odd that no one else is experiencing these problems!!

Yeah it is very weird. You are the only person I found having this problem online.
    We are probably the unlucky ones.

Anyways, it's a minor irritating bug. Thanks a ton for referring the 'Setting Profiles' app. I have done the same thing now, so should not face much irritation.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links