New Email Notification When There Are *No* New Emails

This is a discussion on New Email Notification When There Are *No* New Emails within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Is there a fix for this? It's happening a lot more often with 2.2....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Email Notification When There Are *No* New Emails

New Email Notification When There Are *No* New Emails

Is there a fix for this? It's happening a lot more often with 2.2.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Is it maybe an email in another box i.e. Spam or Junk that is tripping the "Conversation View" in your inbox? I have seen that happen on my Nexus One twice. For some reason Gmail flagged a message as spam even though there were almost 10 emails in the conversation - in the normal inbox. This tripped the email notification.

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    Is it maybe an email in another box i.e. Spam or Junk that is tripping the "Conversation View" in your inbox? I have seen that happen on my Nexus One twice. For some reason Gmail flagged a message as spam even though there were almost 10 emails in the conversation - in the normal inbox. This tripped the email notification.
    No, it doesn't happen with Gmail, but it does with my Hosted Exchange email. And, it's not emails going into different folders causing it.

I'll commonly get multiple notifications of the same message as being "new" even when i mark it as deleted on my Cox email account. This is a really frustrating issue.
    ATT N1 Arrived - 5-18-2010
    Rooted - 7/4/2010

Running:
    Froyo FRF91 w/ root

Yup, when I used Exchange I would get the same thing.

Alert, read email, then anywhere from 5-20 minutes later another alert for the same email I deleted or read. I'd go in to read it and there's nothing there :\ I put it all down to sync problems with the Email app because I saw a variety of 'out-of-sync' issues arise. No real pattern to them, just intermittent problems.

I never bothered to investigate further, I just stopped using Exchange on the N1. There are alternative mail clients like K-9 Mail and Touchdown that should work better.

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    Yup, when I used Exchange I would get the same thing.

Alert, read email, then anywhere from 5-20 minutes later another alert for the same email I deleted or read. I'd go in to read it and there's nothing there :\ I put it all down to sync problems with the Email app because I saw a variety of 'out-of-sync' issues arise. No real pattern to them, just intermittent problems.

I never bothered to investigate further, I just stopped using Exchange on the N1. There are alternative mail clients like K-9 Mail and Touchdown that should work better.
    For me, I'll "delete" the email and 5 minutes later (my sync time) it'll pop back up in the inbox as new and "unread".

It seems to happen when i am close to the next sync or delete without opening the message.
    ATT N1 Arrived - 5-18-2010
    Rooted - 7/4/2010

Running:
    Froyo FRF91 w/ root

Angry

I have been having the same problem. Extremely frustrating.

I have. A similar problem using the default mail client on 2.2, and also when using Handcent.

Same problem!! So annoying!! I'm switch back to use Windows Mobile when 7 become available in Australia!

I know exactly what you're talking about, extremely annoying.

I believe if you keep the email up to date on the actual site using a computer it won't happen. If you only handle emails on the phone when the sync time comes it will sync the emails from the site, so if you havent read the emails in a web browser it will sync them. So try staying up to date with the emails using a web browser as well. worked for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links