Several Bugs with FRF91

This is a discussion on Several Bugs with FRF91 within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey all, I am having several problems with FRF91 - Battery wont charge past 96% (cycled the battery already) - Speaker for ringtone and in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Several Bugs with FRF91

Junior Member Nick Found Gloryx's Avatar

Several Bugs with FRF91

Hey all, I am having several problems with FRF91
    - Battery wont charge past 96% (cycled the battery already)
    - Speaker for ringtone and in call is horrible
    - Occasionally can't make calls or send texts (had this problem before froyo but FRF50 fixed it)
    - Phone has become noticeably laggy.

So my question is this, how would I go about downgrading back to FRF50, if at all possible. At this point I am willing to downgrade to any other Froyo build as long as I am off FRF91.

I came from an iPhone, so the Android OS is a bit new to me, I assumed that I would just do the same steps to manually update but with whatever image I wanted.

Help?

Thanks guys.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Found Gloryx View Post
    - Occasionally can't make calls or send texts (had this problem before froyo but FRF50 fixed it)

So my question is this, how would I go about downgrading back to FRF50, if at all possible. At this point I am willing to downgrade to any other Froyo build as long as I am off FRF91.

I came from an iPhone, so the Android OS is a bit new to me, I assumed that I would just do the same steps to manually update but with whatever image I wanted.

Help?

Thanks guys.
    You assume correctly. Download what ever OS you want. Move it to your sd card > change the name to update.zip and install it...then done

thanks bud. i see, but never heard of frf83, were there any changes with that from frf50? or should i just stick with what i know?

No reason not to try it as well, right?

well trying frf50 i get an error that reads error in sdcard/update.zip(status 7)
    installation aborted.

ideas?

Not sure about the (status 7) thing, but check the file properties, and make sure you haven't got it titled update.zip.zip. I ran into this when I did the manual update to FRF 83. If you're using Windows to get the update, you need to name it update. Win will add the ".zip" on its' own.

yea that was the first thing i checked. i am looking for a frf83 dl link but cant find one, maybe that will do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Miami1683 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Found Gloryx View Post

Help?

Thanks guys.
    You assume correctly. Download what ever OS you want. Move it to your sd card > change the name to update.zip and install it...then done
    I'm a newbie in Android, do I need to root before do this ?

That depends on how much of a change you want to make. You may find (as I have) that Froyo does everything I want the phone to do. But if you want to get into theming, adding additional features, and the like, then yes you'll have to root.

I have my N1 for 5 days now. Is a FRF91 & on 2.2 Froyo.
    I was an ex-Symbian & iphone user. Decided to give Android a shot after hearing about the iphone4's antenna problem.
    I am still very much on my learning curve as this my 1st Android phone. Having said that so far my experience has not been that bad. IMHO, it looses out to the iphone in facebook, managing of emails in general, keyboard a bit too small for my liking, too dependent on 3rd party apps, certain apps do not work on 2.2, gaming still has a long way to go, at the moment only certain apps can be stored in the SD card & somehow I feel that the touchscreen is not as smooth as the iphone. So far I have no issues with phone that freezes or hangs. It has FC on me quite a number of times. No 3G issue. That is all for now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links