Cannot Access Recovery Mode

This is a discussion on Cannot Access Recovery Mode within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I'm currently using 2.2 (I think it's called Modoca, FRF50) and I tried to flash to Cyanogen 6.0 but I ran into a problem. After ...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cannot Access Recovery Mode

Cannot Access Recovery Mode

I'm currently using 2.2 (I think it's called Modoca, FRF50) and I tried to flash to Cyanogen 6.0 but I ran into a problem. After dragging the Cyanogen file to my SDcard, and safely unmounting it I turned off the phone, and loaded Bootloader. I tried to select Recovery mode, and the Nexus One logo appeared for a couple of seconds, then a screen that I have never seen before appeared. It was the caution sign (!) within a yellow triangle, with the little green android logo right beside it. There was no way to turn off the phone but to manually remove the battery (thank god it didn't brick it).

Frustrated, I rebooted the phone and tried to update to Froyo 2.2 through the phone (the message that pops up and asks you to update). Everything went okay, and the phone rebooted but the same thing happened! The Nexus One logo appeared, then the screen with the caution sign. No idea what happened, any advice would greatly be appreciated!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm having a similar issue with my phone. I'm already at 2.2, but got there from the "rom manager" application. It was supposed to come rooted, but somehow, the root got lost on the way, so I went to upgrade to root yesterday and got the same triangle with exclamation point you did... After a bit of digging around, I found out that if you press the volume up and power button at the same time while this is displaying (you may have to press the key combo several times) you get another menu that lets you apply "update.zip."

While this does absolutely nothing for me as it reads update.zip as being invalid, I figured it might be of use to you. :-)

as stated above, just press "volume up" + "power" to display the menu.

Same thing for me

I cannot enter recovery mode from fastboot either. I am wondering if it's because something changed since we got the update to 2.2.2 (FRG83G)?

I followed the instructions on CyanogenMod's page to the letter and even the addition of using PDAnet's USB driver (detailed on Android Central).

I've tried to flash both the Amon Ra and Clockwork recovery images and nothing seems to get me there. The Clockwork app actually tells me that I have not rooted my phone even though I can access fastboot and I see the unlock icon when booting up.

This is very frustrating.

Way to bump an old thread! xD

Having an unlocked bootloader doesn't mean you are rooted, it just makes it easier to get rooted...

Do you get a response from your phone when you type "fastboot devices" from your pc?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    Way to bump an old thread! xD

Having an unlocked bootloader doesn't mean you are rooted, it just makes it easier to get rooted...

Do you get a response from your phone when you type "fastboot devices" from your pc?

Having the same issue...........Yes. I do get a response from my PC when I use the "fastboot-windows devices" command.

What problems are you having, and how did it start?

Ran an update on my Nexus One and now I am unable to access recovery mode. All I get is the triangle with an exclamation point.

If you ran an update, you must be on a stock ROM?
    The android with the exclamation is the stock recovery, so that's what I would expect to see...

What are you trying to do?

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    If you ran an update, you must be on a stock ROM?
    The android with the exclamation is the stock recovery, so that's what I would expect to see...

What are you trying to do?

Trying to access clockwork so that I can run a different ROM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links