Problem with Froyo and (built-in) Twitter app -- force close

This is a discussion on Problem with Froyo and (built-in) Twitter app -- force close within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by keyplyr Originally Posted by WERA689 Make sure you look under the "All" tab, instead of the default "download" tab...you'll see it there. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem with Froyo and (built-in) Twitter app -- force close

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Make sure you look under the "All" tab, instead of the default "download" tab...you'll see it there.
    If you're speaking to me, yes I've looked. No Twitter app. I'm glad I don't have it... 'course now that I've publicly acknowledged this it will likely appear next time I look
    Yeah, I was. Can't explain it, because it definitely showed up with Froyo on mine. shrugs

Hmm.. I use the Twitter app on FroYo with no issues at all. I'm not sure what could be causing your issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post
    Hmm.. I use the Twitter app on FroYo with no issues at all. I'm not sure what could be causing your issue.
    @Sheanzy,
    Before Froyo, when you were on Eclair, did you have the Twitter app installed? Or did you download it from the Market after your Froyo update?

(Since some people are seeing Twitter app on Froyo installed magically), My guess is when the Android upgrade to Froyo happens, Froyo installs the Twitter app as a built-in app (in /system/app directory) if it sees that Twitter is installed already.

I know I had the Twitter app installed on my phone before I had the Froyo update. I used it all the time, and I still use it all the time. Haven't had any problems with it before or after Froyo.

i never had twitter app i used twicca. but this twitter app came with FroYo updateto my phone and cannot uninstall also the app is growing in size and i have to keep clearing the data

@Sheanzy,
    Before Froyo, when you were on Eclair, did you have the Twitter app installed? Or did you download it from the Market after your Froyo update?

(Since some people are seeing Twitter app on Froyo installed magically), My guess is when the Android upgrade to Froyo happens, Froyo installs the Twitter app as a built-in app (in /system/app directory) if it sees that Twitter is installed already.
    I installed twitter from the market because I wasnt a fan of twidroid. It works fine with no force close. hmm?

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

I had the same problem. When I tried to open twitter app, I got an error forcing the app to close. And I had the twitter app installed before the Froyo update.

I solved it removing the twitter account from the "accounts and sync" menu, in the Settings menu. Look that the account appears twice instead of once, and qhen you remove one of them, both gets removed... sorry if I said the menu's names wrong, but I configured my phone with other language and the translation sucks very often (as my english skills... lol)

Hope it'll work for you too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links