Problem with APN Settings data entry + storage under 2.2

This is a discussion on Problem with APN Settings data entry + storage under 2.2 within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I have a Nexus One on Android 2.2 and saving APN settings has now become non-functional. Symptons: 1. Previously saved APN settings have disappeared - ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with APN Settings data entry + storage under 2.2

Problem with APN Settings data entry + storage under 2.2

I have a Nexus One on Android 2.2 and saving APN settings has now become non-functional.

Symptons:

1. Previously saved APN settings have disappeared - making the phone non functional

2. Attempting to save new APN settings: can type in OK, but after pressing save button all data entry is lost.

Please advise a fix

Thank you

MM

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
    I have a Nexus One on Android 2.2 and saving APN settings has now become non-functional.

Symptons:

1. Previously saved APN settings have disappeared - making the phone non functional

2. Attempting to save new APN settings: can type in OK, but after pressing save button all data entry is lost.

Please advise a fix

Thank you

MM
    Dear Mike,

I have got a problem with my Nexus One quite same as yours above. I searched the net and found your thread. Have you got any solution for that? If so, would you please share with me?

My device is rooted.
    My current Android version is 2.2.
    Its currently flashed ROM is Modaco R21 (Custom ROM).
    And the radio version is 4.06.00.12-7.

Regards,
    Mahdi

What program are you backing up with. I use APN BackUp from the Market. Don't remember if it is for rooted phones or not. Wouldn't think so.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Non functional APN saving problem in Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    What program are you backing up with. I use APN BackUp from the Market. Don't remember if it is for rooted phones or not. Wouldn't think so.

Ken
    That's a neat idea! Thank you Ken!

I tried to use APN Backup & Restore app from the market.
    I prepared a backup from my APNs and unbelievably found all my entered APNs in the backup file. I was under the impression that my device doesn't save APNs. But now I realize it saves correctly but doesn't show the saved APNs properly.

A Persian proverb says diagnosing a problem is half the solution. Now if somebody come up with an app for APN management, so we can use that to connect APNs.

Glad it worked out. APN Backup saves mine to the sd card. Not sure what you meant by saving them without APN. Unless I misunderstood.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Dear Ken,

I did report a problem on my Nexus One as well as Mike found on his device.

Your introduced app just shed a light on the problem but it is not gone yet.

I attempt to create an APN and save it, but as soon as I hit save it kicks me back to the APNs list and it is still blank. But the back up file created by the mentioned app shows my entered APN data is not missed. It is just disappeared from the list. So I can not select it from the list, I can not connect to the internet or can not modify it.

This is the problem. I tried a dozen of APN managing apps but none of them doesn't help me to connect via APN. I installed a widget that shows APN status and on/off control on my homepage. But it can not switch it On/OFF.

I am going to suspect that this problem is about hardware failure. Because I tried several ROMs and Radio Versions but I had no luck.

Mahdi,

Are you stock or rooted? If you have a rooted rom maybe that is the problem. Either way you could do a factory/cache wipe and reinstall the original stock rom and upgrade back to 2.2.

You also can take the phone back and get a new one if you haven't unlocked the bootloader.

If Apn is part of the radio, you could install a new radio or reinstall same one. You may have to be rooted to do that.

Sorry for no better ideas, good luck.

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

My phone is rooted.

I did try factory reset / all wipe options / several custom roms / stock or official rom / different radio versions. But still no luck.

I live in a country that Google banned its services there. I am from Iran. So I don't have also any chance to return it back a get a new one.

Thanks anyway for your advise. I think I should make a compromise with this problem and just pretend it doesn't have APN service at all. That's just silly! My $670 worth mobile doesn't have a service that was available on my last mobile which was worth of trash!

Mahdi

Sorry fot the problem Mahdi,

But if the APN is the only problem that is not too bad. You can just write down the settings and save them to a Word Document.

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi_N1 View Post
    I live in a country that Google banned its services there. I am from Iran. So I don't have also any chance to return it back a get a new one.Mahdi
    Perhaps it is possible this is the issue? Have you tried your SIM in a different phone? Maybe your provider has banned the use of the N1 on your network?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links