Internal space problem

This is a discussion on Internal space problem within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; You just have to be selective in installing apps & delete them immediately if you find that is not what you had in mind. Storage ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Internal space problem

You just have to be selective in installing apps & delete them immediately if you find that is not what you had in mind. Storage capacity is very precious in Android OS. The facilities are there to move "apps to SD" but is up to the developer to make it happen. (I hope there are developers reading this) I always try to keep only essential apps in my N1. The percentage of the apps that can be moved to SD is a drop in the ocean as we speak. Cheers mate!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wingod View Post
    ... my space under 20Mb, it has warning saying low free space , i donno how to solve it.
    Uninstall some of those apps!

Just keep the ones you use a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by insomnium View Post
    na, it doesnt get sent back to your phone when you clear up the memory (as i tested sending texts to myself)
    I've noticed this... and it's a rotter. I always bring up my old SE w810i, which was such a sweet phone. When its SMS memory was full I got warnings then finally an error that an incoming SMS was rejected. Once I cleared the space, my message arrived. So it can be done... I'd like to find out how because now I get the error that messages were lost and that's it. They're gone for good. :'(

1> On the SMS front - as mentioned about internal memory.... keep some head room
    This is the best solution for sms backup i've found - it ROCKS

SMS Backup (v1.1.1)
    market://search?q=tv.studer.smssync

2> This might help - on the "Apps to SD" front

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...n-move-sd.html

Pls note this is only possible on the N1... so we will have to wait for other dumber phones to upgrade to Froyo!

Enjoy your Nexus One & Only Froyo Phone!

And KEEP POSTING ON N1F!!!! We need traction people!!! Get your other N1 friends hooked to N1F!

Like I said earlier on. Is up to the developers to make it possible to move their apps to the SD card. The ball is in their court so to speak. 2.2 Froyo has the facilities to do it but developer has to do their part as well.
    Cheers mate!!

can somebody help me on my problem.. no one seems to answer.. my link is below
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...html#post64862

I just got this problem for the first time a couple of days ago and was down to under 5MB of space of internal memory!!

This caused sms to be rejected and even though I deleted hundreds of sms new ones still got rejected. I also tried to uninstall quite many apps in order to clear up, but all to no help..

Finally I noticed that Dolphin Browser HD had 88mb of data above the app size!!! What is that all about?? I deleted the data and now the phone works as it should again.

Does anyone know how can I see what the internal memory is used for?

Dissappearing RAM after update........

I also got this problem after installing froyo 2.2.1 internal memory went from 32mb to 5mb. I only have about 81mb of apps installed and all caches cleared. Does anyone know where the rest of the 512mb of memory went? I even recently did a system restore and reinstalled all my apps as phone was running slow. Could this be a hardware related issue? I cannot receive texts at all unless I uninstall things like Google Maps and Flash as these are the only apps I have that take up a considerable (> 10mb) memory....

This is one of the biggest issue I have with the N1. 512mb of internal storage are you kidding me? Yeh in a perfect world all apps would be able to be moved to SD card but that isn't happening. I use a program called DiskUsage to keep track of my apps on the SD card and internally.

One issue I have had is with the stock browser where if a page has lots of stuff to load it will eat up all my free space and give me the low space error. I have to close that page and try it again and hope it doesn't have issue...actually seems to happen all the time on the pocketnow.com site unless I load the mobile version.

i'm having the same problem with the internal space, i'm using app2Sd...although the app is great, but the small memory space makes it difficult to be comfortable in downloading many apps unless they are movable.

this is really annoying.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links