Nexus One Wifi Network Disabled?

This is a discussion on Nexus One Wifi Network Disabled? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I know plenty of people are having wifi issues and I am among them, but I haven't found anyone with this same issue I am ...

Thread: Nexus One Wifi Network Disabled?

Nexus One Wifi Network Disabled?

I know plenty of people are having wifi issues and I am among them, but I haven't found anyone with this same issue I am having. At work whenever I leave the wifi area, and walk back to it my phone does not reconnect to the wireless network (yes I have wifi to never sleep) instead it fails to detect any wireless networks when I return and I get a "Disabled" message next to the wifi network. I have attached a screenshot. I've wiped the device, and cleared all cache's. No results.

Anyone have any idea's what could be causing this and a possible solution?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Ya, lots of people are having that issue too. Try Wifi Fixer available on the Android market. There is a free version as well as a donate option.

Been there, tried that, no help. I still lose data signal when the screen is off. Interestingly I also can't actually poll data properly even when wifi is off and only using 3G. I have my Twitter set to poll every 15 minutes, with wifi on, it will take over an hour, if I don't turn on my screen, with 3G only it takes 30+ minutes usually.

I get no issue with Wi-Fi here

There is a new version of Wifi Fixer that went up on the Android market today with lots of improvements. Might be worth giving it another shot.

I surley hope htc/google offers a fix for this. I've got about a week left to decide if I'm going to keep this phone. Like the above poster mentioned try the latest wifi fixer, I had the same problem as you and it worked for me! Since wifi fixer does such a good job I'll probably end up keeping. There is really no other phone on the market that sparks my interest at the moment...

Disable WiFi Problem Fixed

I was having this problem as well. After the update to Froyo, my home network would show up as disabled. I could manually connect with no problem.

I fixed this by disabling the T-Mobile Hotspot Connect service in the Hotspot app.

Quote Originally Posted by thewaffle View Post
    At work whenever I leave the wifi area, and walk back to it my phone does not reconnect to the wireless network (yes I have wifi to never sleep) instead it fails to detect any wireless networks when I return and I get a "Disabled" message next to the wifi network.
    Yes I am having a similar problem with mine, running Froyo (with v6 RC3 Cyanogen mod). Once I'm connected it's fine, but if I leave the phone unattended for a while, like if I'm listening to Pandora while studying, or whenever I wake up in the morning, the wifi is disconnected with a "Disabled" next to the network name in wireless settings.

I downloaded the free version of "Fix My Wifi" and it did seem to fix it, but I hate to spend money on something that should be fixed from Google. So the free version expired after 24 hours and I'm back to square one.

Another thing you can try is in wireless, under advanced settings, make sure Regulatory domain is set to 11, Wi-Fi sleep policy to never, and Use static IP (you don't have to enter any numbers or anything just check the box). These settings did seem to make mine work better, ie whenever I change locations it will automatically connect to a new network faster. But I still have the "disabled" after inactivity problem detailed above.

Just out of curiosity, in WiFi settings --> advanced, what are the first two digits of your MAC address? Mine starts with "00" and I read elsewhere there are reported issues with the one's starting with 00. Google is aware of it.

Quote Originally Posted by bgreen View Post
    I was having this problem as well. After the update to Froyo, my home network would show up as disabled. I could manually connect with no problem.

I fixed this by disabling the T-Mobile Hotspot Connect service in the Hotspot app.
    Normal Wifi connection to an access point and Hotspot as an access point are not compatible with each other.

It's one or the other, not both.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links