Importing / Exporting vCard - Nexus One 2.2

This is a discussion on Importing / Exporting vCard - Nexus One 2.2 within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Morning! Just received my 2.2 update and hoped it would fix the issue I have with displaying names family name first. Changed to 'given name' ...

Thread: Importing / Exporting vCard - Nexus One 2.2

Importing / Exporting vCard - Nexus One 2.2

Morning!

Just received my 2.2 update and hoped it would fix the issue I have with displaying names family name first. Changed to 'given name' first and no luck.

Exported my contacts to SD card (vCard) then edited via notepad - My Sony Ericsson W850i obviously had a different way to storing names which was a single line for all.

I've gone and manually edited 200+ contacts, saved a new vcard in case it corrupted and needed my original, gone to 'import via sd card' and received the following error

'Reading of vCard data has failed
    Failed to parse vCard though it seems in valid format, since the current implementation does not support it (This vCard has nested vCard data in it)'

If i re-import the original exported file it works however any changes, will not.

Thoughts?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Are you syncing contacts to Google? You're probably better off organizing the contact names on your computer in Gmail Contacts then letting them sync over to your device.

At least your guaranteed to get them in the correct format to display on your N1

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    Are you syncing contacts to Google? You're probably better off organizing the contact names on your computer in Gmail Contacts then letting them sync over to your device.
    thanks for the tip, trying it now, slow process but hopefully the result is adequate.

being my first android phone and never owning a gmail account before takes some getting used to the idea around syncing and such

Quote Originally Posted by tyronee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    thanks for the tip, trying it now, slow process but hopefully the result is adequate.

being my first android phone and never owning a gmail account before takes some getting used to the idea around syncing and such
    No prob, glad to help! Let us know if it works (not that I have any doubts).

:rofl3:

all good, thanks!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links