WHAT THE HELL? Weird random phone wipe

This is a discussion on WHAT THE HELL? Weird random phone wipe within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; So I was cycling my battery and after it went dead, i plugged it into the charger. 2 hours later, i turn on my phone ...

Thread: WHAT THE HELL? Weird random phone wipe

WHAT THE HELL? Weird random phone wipe

So I was cycling my battery and after it went dead, i plugged it into the charger. 2 hours later, i turn on my phone and it gives me the touch android screen. at this point, i'm like, you have got to be kidding me. the funny thing is that i checked the phone and all my apps are still there, but everything else is like a wiped phone (home pages, bookmarks, contacts, etc).

has this happened to anyone else? could cycling the battery have caused this?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

just tried opening some apps and some of them work some don't.

Your opening line is a giveaway. Stop 'cycling the battery' and this won't happen. Plenty of misinformation about this. I'm going to hide now because undoubtedly there will be a rash of posts screaming that doing this is critical to a fulfilled life.
    The phones not designed to be run down to nothing,avoid whenever possible. This doesn't make your battery live longer or better.

DT

While I agree totally that it is a very bad thing to practice cycling the battery for Li-Ion's, I find it strange how it caused him to have a weird phone wipe and data loss. I can see situations where one might end up with a dead battery (forgotten charger) but I certainly wouldn't expect to lose apps because of it.

Hopefully it was just a glitch and not a symptom of some other underlying problem.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links