Obtaining IP adress problem

This is a discussion on Obtaining IP adress problem within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi, I just got my Nexus one today and i'm really happy with it. The only problem I have right now is connecting to our ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obtaining IP adress problem

Exclamation Obtaining IP adress problem

Hi,

I just got my Nexus one today and i'm really happy with it. The only problem I have right now is connecting to our home wifi, which is completly clear of any security. When I go to the WIFI menu, it keeps saying; "obtaining IP adress". Then it connects for a short moment and goes back to the "obtaining IP adress" thing..

I've read some possible solutions, but i'm not really familiar with routers and stuff.. So, is there anyone who can help me with some "easy" talk?

By the way; I'm from The Netherlands, maybe that's usefull?

Thanks!
    BergGeit

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I was having a problem connecting to my home Wifi the other day (one which I'd already connected to many, many times). I rebooted the router and the problem went away.

Nope, not working over here.. I think it did work on 2.1, but it asked for a 2.2 upload quickly, so i just did it..

Is there maybe a way to go back to 2.1 or whatever?

Had same issue, before i factory reseted my wireless access point

So it would be a router problem?! Resetting router, changing to mac adress security or all other changes didnt work out..

What type of router do you have? I remember reading discussions where certain types of routers were not all that compatible.

OK ... found some comments made by Alphawave7 I'll quote here. Hopefully it will give you some insight for your problem:

I'm using a Buffalo WRT54G router (with the Broadcom chipset-same as N1) and DD-WRT opensource firmware, static IP's thoughout, and never have a drop/sleep problem. N1 automagically goes to 3G when I'm leaving home.
    And another Alphawave7 quote here:

Some of these issues can be traced to firmware incompatibilities (Broadcom vs. Marvell vs. Atheros vs. etc.), encryption (WPA vs. WPA2) or simple excessive collisions (change tranceiver channels).

I've got a pretty old one, it's called; TRUST 108Mbps Router & Wireless Access Point SpeedShare Turbo Pro (what a name..) . Already looked for firmware, but doesn't have firmware for Vista or higher.

If it momentarily connects, searches for IP and fails, the dhcp server isn't comm'ing with your device for some reason. It could be an SSID issue (is it set to broadcast?), or a firewall/WEP/WPA/Security key issue (I know you said it's clean of security, but I'd suggest you go ahead and enable at least WEP 64 bit for testing (only a 10-digit number to enter). Failing that, we can try a static IP if your model allows the setting. It would also help to know about your current network config. data...what IP and subnet range is the router currently using?

We do have it WPA-PSK secured now, but didn't change anything.

For connection type it says; DHCP Client or Fixed IP, and it will obtain IP automaticly.

Security can only be; Open System, Shared Key, WPA, WPA-PSK, 802.1x.

IP Address 192.168.1.1
    Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0

Hope this is enough info?

Got it fixxed with the Static IP thing.. This will work for me temporarily, will look for an new router these days! Any suggestions?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links