major contacts issue

This is a discussion on major contacts issue within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Just got my nexus one and was playing around with it. I go to edit my contact and it keeps giving me that error message ...

Thread: major contacts issue

major contacts issue

Just got my nexus one and was playing around with it. I go to edit my contact and it keeps giving me that error message and it force closes. Does anyone know what to do?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

bump. does anyone know how to fix this?

I think we might need more info to be able to help. For example, how are you trying to edit your contact? Which contact are you trying to edit? Are you using the stock "Contacts" app?

Tell us everything you can that might help us help you, and we'll see what we can do!

Im using the stock contacts app and every contact has this problem. i click the menu button on the contact and a thing comes up saying i can edit, share ect. so i click on edit and it gives me and error message and force closes.

This is an odd one. If you can't edit any contacts at all, it could be something in the contact data itself. Where these contacts synced from your Gmail account? And do they look ok in Gmail Contacts (on your computer)?

Also, if you go to the list of contacts on your phone, and long press (hold your finger on one) a menu pops up. What happens if you select "Edit contact" from there?

they were imported from my sim card. I did sync up with my face book and gmail account but i have no contacts stored in my gmail account and i unsynced my face book too. Unfortunately long pressing doesn't help either. is there a way to delete all my contacts and import them in again? because that may work.

Quote Originally Posted by davisle24 View Post
    they were imported from my sim card. I did sync up with my face book and gmail account but i have no contacts stored in my gmail account and i unsynced my face book too. Unfortunately long pressing doesn't help either. is there a way to delete all my contacts and import them in again? because that may work.
    Not sure if there is an app that will allow you to delete all contacts at once, but on the N1 you can't do it. It has to be one by one. However, if you sync with Google they can all be deleted from your computer then the action will sync to your phone.

I suggest syncing to Google again and see if anything looks odd there. Try editing a contact or two (on your computer, in Google) and see if they work once it syncs back to your phone.

I really don't think it's a problem with your phone at all. I find it easiest to get the contacts formatted correctly in Google contacts first.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links