Call Settings Disabled

This is a discussion on Call Settings Disabled within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Background Info OS: Android 2.2 (Froyo) Carrier : AT&T (no data plan) Rooted? No Problem: Unable to access Call Settings I got my N1 at ...

Thread: Call Settings Disabled

Call Settings Disabled

Background Info
    Carrier: AT&T (no data plan)
    Rooted? No
    Problem: Unable to access Call Settings

I got my N1 at the beginning of July and it was the second to last batch from google (apparently). Recently I've gone app-crazy in installing anything I come across and uninstalling it if it's too ad-filled, boring, etc. One of the services I set up initially is Google Voice, since I heard about how awesome it is from my brother, a long-time android user now on the Evo.

My point is that I set up the account and didn't get a voicemail until earlier this week. That was when I realized google voice wasn't completely/properly set up. To check what I may have missed, I tried going into Settings>Call Settings only to find that Call Settings was greyed-out. I couldn't click it or otherwise get into it.

I figure it may be one of the apps that screwed with it and, now that I know what apps I like and am more selective, I'm open to a factory reset. The only thing I'm worried about is if I'll have to pay for the bought apps again or not. Some of the apps don't offer the option to install to SD card so I can't just wipe the phone and assume they'll still be there.

Any help?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

sorry for the double-post, I'm not sure on the rules for this, but I have an update.

*Just* after I post this I decide to toy with the other settings such as wifi tethering, et al. I toggled wireless tether on and off, which released the lock on call settings I referred to earlier. I had tried rebooting the phone and everything to release it and no dice, yet this did it? WTF?

The side effect of this caused USB tethering to be greyed-out and I never got access to Settings>Wireless & Network Settings>Tethering & Portable Hotspot>Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot Settings... Is this normal for the N1 or is it because of the previously installed crap-ware I downloaded?

Not sure what caused your problems, but it sure isn't the way the N1 usually acts. It's quite likely something caused by your earlier download frenzy. Since you mentioned you were more than willing to do a factory reset, that is what I would suggest. Any app you paid for would still be available for download without paying again, so no worry there.

Thanks for the answer, Maris. Maybe you can walk me through exactly how restoring the apps will work, since I'm worried about losing the apps I've paid for already. If a guide already exists, can you point me in the right direction?

Just noticed that I didn't ever answer back on this one. What ended up happening was i did a factory reset of the phone (after backing up all of the data) and just found all of the apps I wanted again afterwards. Thank you AppBrain! Anywho, I'm pretty sure it was a bunch of poorly coded apps put together with google not completely removing the data from them when they're uninstalled. I now have the occasional lag issue because I'm multitasking so much, but that's to be expected with what I'm asking the phone to do. FYI, I currently have exactly 25 tabs open in my browser on my PC right now, if that gives you any clue as to the stress I put on my machines' processors.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links