Nexus One won't boot after update

This is a discussion on Nexus One won't boot after update within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi all, I got my phone a week ago and I've been having some issues with it. First of all, I had some battery issues, ...

Thread: Nexus One won't boot after update

Nexus One won't boot after update

Hi all,

I got my phone a week ago and I've been having some issues with it. First of all, I had some battery issues, the battery was exchanged. I'm charging my phone only through the USB port of my laptop.

Problem I have now is that I got a message that an update and reboot was required. I said yes, then the icon of a box with an arrow coming out and a progress bar was shown. In the middle of it, the 4-colour X appeared and the phone did nothing for half hour.

I decided to remove the battery and force a reboot. The phone started and the update process started again, then in the middle of it, the screen changed from the progress bar to one with an exclamation mark, like if an error just occurred, but no other info was displayed. Again, I waited for half hour and nothing happened. I decided to force a reboot again and now the phone won't start. When I press the power button the 4-colour X appears and the phone stays there forever. Don't know if the update was successful (I think not) and don't know what to do.

If I press power + Vol down a menu appears, but not sure what option to select. I know one of these will set my phone to factory settings and I don't want that just yet.

Any help would be useful.

Thanks guys.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Myzrahi View Post
    I decided to remove the battery and force a reboot. The phone started and the update process started again, then in the middle of it, the screen changed from the progress bar to one with an exclamation mark, like if an error just occurred, but no other info was displayed. Again, I waited for half hour and nothing happened. I decided to force a reboot again and now the phone won't start. When I press the power button the 4-colour X appears and the phone stays there forever. Don't know if the update was successful (I think not) and don't know what to do.

If I press power + Vol down a menu appears, but not sure what option to select. I know one of these will set my phone to factory settings and I don't want that just
    You should've waited...

You are blessed and are leading a charmed life... An angel is watching over you and looking after you...

You are lucky you're not sitting with a brick in your hand... Your n1 still shows signs of life...CONGRATULATIONS

Thank your lucky stars!

Trust in God & Google,
    Keep the Faith...

Are you trying to update while connected via usb? That could be the problem. Disconnect it and try again. If your battery is low, charge it first, then try.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links