Poorer batery life after Launcher Pro?

This is a discussion on Poorer batery life after Launcher Pro? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I am new to N1 and few days ago I just found out the great tool called Launcher Pro and installed it. Since then, I've ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poorer batery life after Launcher Pro?

Poorer batery life after Launcher Pro?

I am new to N1 and few days ago I just found out the great tool called Launcher Pro and installed it. Since then, I've had poorer battery life (10-12hrs). It was bad before, but it is worse in the last few days.

Could it be due to Launcher Pro? I also have Beautiful Weather and I sometimes get Beautiful Weather Gadget crashed error screen. I am not sure if this is also related to my battery problem.

Any suggestions/ experiences similar to what I have? What do you do to improve battery life? I am seriously considering to give the phone back although I loved it so far. But this battery performance kills my day.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

My battery life didn't change much after launcher pro. I don't know what battery life you had before but I have always had about 12 hours with normal use. Most smartphones don't have great battery life. You should go back to a regular phone if you want that.

My battery life has decreased by about 4-6 hours depending on use these last two weeks.
    I had installed SMS backup and caller Info an app that would give me the city location of incoming calls. I have since uninstalled Caller Info and turned off the auto feature of SMS backup. I now manually run the SMS backup program once a day.
    I never even thought of Launcher Pro being at fault for the battery life. Thanks for that idea I am going back to the default launcer app and see how that affects the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by raccord View Post
    My battery life didn't change much after launcher pro. I don't know what battery life you had before but I have always had about 12 hours with normal use. Most smartphones don't have great battery life. You should go back to a regular phone if you want that.
    I am coming from another smartphone. I have owned iPhones since initial launch . I always complaint about battery with iPhone but unfortunately this is even worse. But thanks for the benchmark. It means I am not the only one.

I still think something happened in the last few days that made it worse. And launcher pro is the only change I've introduced in this timeframe.

I've had Launcher Pro for a while now, and haven't noticed any difference in my battery life. I usually get 16-18 hours of moderate to heavy use. I would be more concerned about the "Beautiful Weather Gadget crashed error screen" you mentioned. I have Beautiful Widgets and Beautiful Live Weather wallpaper and have never seen a crash error.

I agree with most of the others. I am using Launcher Pro Plus and I haven't noticed any significant battery loss. I can't say that I'm getting more out of my battery, but I'm definitely not getting less because of LPP.

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post
    I agree with most of the others. I am using Launcher Pro Plus and I haven't noticed any significant battery loss. I can't say that I'm getting more out of my battery, but I'm definitely not getting less because of LPP.
    I wonder then what is causing my battery to drain so fast? I had a bunch of picture widgets when I used Launcher Pro. Could that be the cause?

Do you use live wallpapers? Do you have automatic brightness turned on? High battery using applications running?

I've never had an issue regarding battery problems with Launcher Pro. In the settings you can click on Memory Usage settings which could possibly help. Tweak those , end all applications and go from there.

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post
    Do you use live wallpapers? Do you have automatic brightness turned on? High battery using applications running?

I've never had an issue regarding battery problems with Launcher Pro. In the settings you can click on Memory Usage settings which could possibly help. Tweak those , end all applications and go from there.
    Automatic Brightness is turned on - but always has been. I've been thinking on this; because in the last two weeks my phone has gone from once a day charge to twice a day. I'm not using Live Wallpapers - I just have a picture as my wallpaper but did have picture widgets when I was using Launcher Pro. Other than that, recent changes are the SMS backup - which I changed from autobackup to manual and only run that once a day. I did have the Caller Info app installed but uninstalled that (which helped a little). I also recently started using the default email app for my other email accounts.
    I checked the "Battery Use" and the only thing I noticed out of the ordinary today is "wpa_supplicant" which I don't remember seeing before but I googled that and it is for WPA security and all the wireless WiFi networks I connect to have security so I'm thinking I never noticed that before.

go into Menu>Settings>About Phone>Battery Use... and there you should see whats eating up your battery life. beautiful widgets is only using 2%.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links