Gallery doesnt work without internet

This is a discussion on Gallery doesnt work without internet within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Im not sure when this happened, maybe when I upgraded to froyo, but ever since then I can only get my gallery to work when ...

Thread: Gallery doesnt work without internet

Gallery doesnt work without internet

Im not sure when this happened, maybe when I upgraded to froyo, but ever since then I can only get my gallery to work when connected to wifi. I dont have internet service turned on, only phone+text and I use wifi whenever i need internet. The gallery simply will not do anything unless im connected to wifi. Anyone else having this problem?

Found a little work around, by turning data off completly it opened immediately, but you cant send pics with data off sooo I had to send the pic then turn data back on then edit it and resend

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

i m having the same problem. got my Nexus S phone yesterday. and when i m not connected to internet wifi, the gallery does not open. which is so stupid. I hate it. it is useless now. bought the phone for 593
    i guess i need to return the phone now

I just tried with airplane mode on. (wich disables all connections) and works fine on my N1. I don't think that the gallery needs internet since it reads whats on the SD card. You may have another issue that prevents you from viewing it.

rickyw972, do you have N1 or NS ? Cuz this thread is for N1.

I'd have to agree. There's something odd afoot if you can't open the Gallery without internet access! The two are completely unrelated...or should be.

sorry for the wrong info that i left yesterday. I called my Network provider and it is easy to fix this problem.
    1. Go on Settings on your phone,
    2. then Accounts and Syn,
    3. and from there uncheck authomatically Sync.
    What it does is wont, store any of ur pic online for backup purposes. and this will fix your problem.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links