Facebook issues

This is a discussion on Facebook issues within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I've had the N1 since the inception of it and have had no problems til recently. This is so annoying and I've run out of ...

Thread: Facebook issues

Facebook issues

I've had the N1 since the inception of it and have had no problems til recently. This is so annoying and I've run out of ideas. The FB app used to work fine but until I changed my password. After I changed my pw, i constantly get notifications asking me for my pw every couple hours. Once authenticated, it's fine for couple hours but then it happens again. So, to alleviate this, I cleared all my cache and started over. Same thing. I cleared again and then downloaded the upgrade from FB. Still the same thing. I said, screw this and removed the upgraded FB app, cleared my cache and removed my account, and guess what happens? Yep...same thing. I still get the notification for authentication, but now it's like once a day. If I say ok, I get the EULA and then it asks me to put in my account info. How can I resolve this? Is there any way to completely remove the default FB app all together? Other then this issue, love this fun.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    That's a new one. Do you have facebook tied into you contacts? It could be something to do with gmail maybe. Moving to the appropriate forum thread for nexus issues.
    Androidfied.

I actually don't anything tied in with my contacts. Plus, like I said before I cleared all accounts that have to do with FB. Yeah, I know it's weird.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Yeah I never heard that one before. Where did you change the password at? Also try going into boot loader and clear the cache partition.
    Androidfied.

I despise the facebook app for android...
    I find its utility only in the ADD FACEBOOK CONTACTS list & FOLDER

I use a stock browser bookmark of m.facebook.com

For using facebook

that's really odd. hmm, could it be something with the app stored on the sd??
    have you tried to just turn off the fb notifications or anything like that?

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    oh my god the FB app is so terrible, I've just linked my twitter account and subscribe to sms for people I care about.
    slightly off topic but, I was under the impression someone that worked for FB got hired for the Android team to work on the app, anyone else know about that?

This happened to me once. It was a facebook issue. Not the phone. I changed my email and all has been ok. Don't know if this is the same issue but may be worth a try. Good Luck
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Google Nexus One Froyo
    Rooted ~ CM 6RC3~ CM6.0 N1~ Nightlies ~
    Was Using~ eViL's NXSense v.1.21.3 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink
    Was Using~ MicroMod's 2.12 Desire SuperHybrid
    Was Using~ MicroMod's Gingerbread CM7 Custom ROM v1.2 (DT's-Ap2Ext,Bat%,Themed
    Was Using ~ BlackDroid's Nexus One - UD 3.1.0Rom
    Was Using ~ CM 7 Gingerbread Green or Blue ExtremeMod ROM
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyscislo View Post
    that's really odd. hmm, could it be something with the app stored on the sd??
    have you tried to just turn off the fb notifications or anything like that?

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    oh my god the FB app is so terrible, I've just linked my twitter account and subscribe to sms for people I care about.
    slightly off topic but, I was under the impression someone that worked for FB got hired for the Android team to work on the app, anyone else know about that?
    i've pretty much done everything everyone's advised me too as well as turn the fb notifications off, but to no avail. I use the browser for fb and find that to be a much better way to go about things. I tried to uninstall the app all together but it simply won't allow you. Anyone else have any ideas? Stupid FB app....

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links