Gprs service & mobile network state disconnected

This is a discussion on Gprs service & mobile network state disconnected within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi guys, In my earlier posting, I mentioned that all the EDGE, GPRS & 3G icons are missing from my phone. There is no way ...

Thread: Gprs service & mobile network state disconnected

Gprs service & mobile network state disconnected

Hi guys,
    In my earlier posting, I mentioned that all the EDGE, GPRS & 3G icons are missing from my phone. There is no way of knowing if I am on GPRS, EDGE or 3G.
    Upon checking the phone info & so forth. I discovered that the GPRS service & mobile network state have been disconnected. Could this be the culprit?
    Any tips are greatly appreciated to resolve this issue.
    Cheers mate!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Did you forget to pay your bill?

No way as I use auto payment for my phone bill.

Have you had your SIM card a long time? My SIM actually said Voicestream on it. I too did not have the data icons displayed on my phone and the network status showed "disconnected."

I went to a T-Mobile store and they replaced my SIM (took 2 minutes) and my phone connected to edge/3g immediately. it's $20 if you just show up...free if you call customer support first.

Went to my Telco & they solved my issue.
    Apparently the APN setting has all disappeared. They just reset the APN for me & now everything is fine.
    They told me not to activate the "Use Only 2G network" again as this would screw up the APN setting.
    On second thought, I did download some apps like "Show & Switch 2G/3G" & "Switch network type 2G." I have tried to use it as well.
    Apart from this the N1 has been very reliable to me.
    Cheers mate!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dlff View Post
    Hi guys,
    In my earlier posting, I mentioned that all the EDGE, GPRS & 3G icons are missing from my phone. There is no way of knowing if I am on GPRS, EDGE or 3G.
    Upon checking the phone info & so forth. I discovered that the GPRS service & mobile network state have been disconnected. Could this be the culprit?
    Any tips are greatly appreciated to resolve this issue.
    Cheers mate!!

It would be a APN issue... All u have to do is take the phone to your service provider and they should do it for u. I had a worse problem then u I flashed my phone with Cyanogenmod 10 and it deleted my IMEI and phone wasnt detecting my sim card so i created a "keystr" in the efs folder with root explorer and flash it with a different custom rom (AllianceRom) my IMEI came back and network was back on except fr my interent. Wasnt getting Edge, 3G or 4G so i took it to the service provider and they put the APN settings back on and now im getting all 3 networks now. But as long as u have network all u have to do is take it to them.

Im just like helping others with the same probs I had.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links