Merchant sends ads @ 3 a.m. HELP!

This is a discussion on Merchant sends ads @ 3 a.m. HELP! within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello. Could someone help me, please? Am receiving ads via text in the middle of the night. Is there a way to block? Thanks....

Thread: Merchant sends ads @ 3 a.m. HELP!

Unhappy Merchant sends ads @ 3 a.m. HELP!

Hello.
    Could someone help me, please? Am receiving ads via text in the middle of the night. Is there a way to block?

Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ratched View Post
    Hello.
    Could someone help me, please? Am receiving ads via text in the middle of the night. Is there a way to block?

Thanks.
    This is not your N1's fault
    You need to call your teleco service provider (T Mobile Customer Care), and tell them about the problem.

if all else fails... I stand corrected by Mr. Maris - i use Curve Fish Silent Mode Toggle Widget myself

(you can always switch off your phone at night and revert to using an alarm clock for waking up

Check out the email ad to see if there is a link to remove you from its mailing list. If not, you might want to look up one of the profile apps on the market. I use the free Toggle Settings one just for its "night" settings so I can silence all notifications yet my alarm will still go off in the morning.

Unhappy

Thanks for your responses.

Unfortunately, I am in the medical field and am on-call 24/7 so cannot shut off my phone.

Is there a way to silence messaging perhaps? I do not see a link to unsubscribe from merchant.

not only the annoyance, but some call plans charge per message

so the user ends up paying for spam they did not want in the first place

and I'd read a while back that there was no action the carriers were taking on the issue

Quote Originally Posted by ratched View Post
    Unfortunately, I am in the medical field and am on-call 24/7 so cannot shut off my phone.

Is there a way to silence messaging perhaps?
    I use "Setting Profiles" to simply silence messaging during nighttime.

You can try downloading the app afirewall. If the text is coming from the same number then you can set a "scene" and block it for a period of time or block it completely. Same with numbers as well.

You can use the messaging app CHOMPSMS to blacklist senders (auto deletion). It's free and the ad-free version is only a few bucks. Well worth it.
    That's how I blocked Nokia from texting me.
    Nexus One (US spec), 16GB MicroSD, FroYo 2.2 (FRF50)

I have ATT blocking all text from my phone. I use Google Voice for any texting I want to do and give that number to friends for them to text me.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links