Lost my Apps

This is a discussion on Lost my Apps within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; The last time I did a factory reset, all my apps automatically downloaded from the Marketplace. However, I just got my phone back from HTC ...

Thread: Lost my Apps

Lost my Apps

The last time I did a factory reset, all my apps automatically downloaded from the Marketplace. However, I just got my phone back from HTC for repair, and after it did the update to 2.2, my apps are not downloading. The only thing in my "Downloads" section of the market are updates for twitter and Google Earth.

Is there something I'm missing? I'd really like to get my apps back... I guess I could manually go through the SD to see which ones I had saved to there, but they don't appear to be installed.

One of the biggest things I bragged about with Android was the fact that it backed up all your apps... Please don't make me look bad Google...

Help...
    Nexus One: "Hold it any way you want to!"

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Try to reboot your phone again. When I installed froyo (one of the many updates) my market only showed a few apps, but after a reboot, everything was back.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Reboot didn't bring them back. I noticed this time as well that my bookmarks and settings didn't restore like the last time. should I try a factory reset?

xja
    I am having the exact same problem. Got my Froyo N1 back from repair, got back a device with 2.1 on it, it did the update back to 2.2 but did not restore any settings or apps at all.

Please post if you figure this out, and I will do the same.

Worse, I have a bunch of apps on the SD, that I have no idea how to restore. If I download an app, does it automatically grab the saved stuff on the SC card, or does it overwrite that? I'm scared to try.

Still wondering if another factory reset might fix it.

Also, was I supposed to UNCHECK the "Backup settings" box when I first turned on the phone? ie: Does it proceed to back up the current settings, which would overwrite my saved ones?

xja
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwhiz2k View Post
    Also, was I supposed to UNCHECK the "Backup settings" box when I first turned on the phone? ie: Does it proceed to back up the current settings, which would overwrite my saved ones?
    Was wondering if that is what happened. Maybe it didn't do the restore because it was 2.1 and the backup was 2.2 and then overwrote the original backup.

I called Google N1 support and the rep said that the Backup service does not backup apps and not even most settings... just wallpaper and few other things. I explained to him that I had previously restored apps and most settings when first getting my N1. He couldn't explain how that could have happened!

Quote Originally Posted by xja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwhiz2k View Post
    Was wondering if that is what happened. Maybe it didn't do the restore because it was 2.1 and the backup was 2.2 and then overwrote the original backup.

I called Google N1 support and the rep said that the Backup service does not backup apps and not even most settings... just wallpaper and few other things. I explained to him that I had previously restored apps and most settings when first getting my N1. He couldn't explain how that could have happened!
    Yeah, not sure if that was the issue, but maybe next time I'll try to update to 2.2 before I sign into my Google account.

I downloaded about 40 apps last night... Still finding ones I forgot about. Not really that difficult I guess, since most of my apps were at the top of the "Top Free" column.

Try to use AppBrain to sync your apps from now on. I got my apps back by doing this from factory reset.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links