Bluetooth paired but not connected - and won't!

This is a discussion on Bluetooth paired but not connected - and won't! within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; My husband just bought a Samsung Vibrant (and is it a beauty!), and we tried to pair up via bluetooth as we had with his ...

Thread: Bluetooth paired but not connected - and won't!

Bluetooth paired but not connected - and won't!

My husband just bought a Samsung Vibrant (and is it a beauty!), and we tried to pair up via bluetooth as we had with his old G1 (which someone stole, may it burn your ear). The Vibrant is also an Android, and the pair up process was simple. The problem is that although both phones show the other's status as "paired but not connected", neither phone offers the option to actually connect. When I long-press his device (sounds racy, eh?), the only option I am offered is to unpair. Any suggestions?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Not sure about those phones but a short-press should connect on the N1. Works for me if my BT headset doesn't connect (but is paired).

Hi Tiaza...Just curious if you ever figured this out? I also have a Vibrant and can''t get beyond "Paired but not connected" when trying to connect to a bluetooth device.

thanks,
    Ed

Go into bluetooth and unpair device by long pressing on it. Reboot phone or pull battery. Don't just pwr off/on. Then repair. Worked for me.

You could also try going into settings/apps/all and select Bluetooth Share and clear data after unpairing and before reboot.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Yes and no. I did the hard reset that Rugman suggests - power phone off & pull the battery for ~30 seconds - and when i rebooted it, it connected just fine to my headset and laptop again, but it still won't connect to - bad news for you? - my husband's Samsung Galaxy Vibrant!

I also used the Bump ap with him previously; it doesn't require a BT connection, but we can't get the phones to "see" each other. Annoying. I'm more geekish than my better half so i'll have to doink around with his phone and see what odd setting got toggled or whatever.

best of luck to you. If I figure it out, i'll post.

- tiaza

Oh, I've also seen the advice to long press the device it's paired but not connected to. It doesn't offer the option to pair with this device. All it offers to do is unpair it.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links