Help: Nexus one will not power on

This is a discussion on Help: Nexus one will not power on within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi, I am very happpy with my nexus one until yesterday...I just installed trekbuddy and was loading maps on it. After that I played robot ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help: Nexus one will not power on

Help: Nexus one will not power on

Hi,

I am very happpy with my nexus one until yesterday...I just installed trekbuddy and was loading maps on it. After that I played robot defender with it for almost an hour. I then I attached the phone to my computer for it to charge before sleeping. When i woke up, i pressed the power button but the phone is not responding. I removed the battery and put it back again and pressed the power button. I tried several times and at one point, I felt it vibrate 3x but still did not boot. Up to now i cant get it to work. When i attached it to the charger, the charging orange light is on until it became green indicating its fully charged. When i removed the battery while attached to the charger, it blinks green and orange and becomes a little warm. I tired several times the battery pull-out method to no avail. I dont have a warranty. Kindly help please...

Charles L.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

have you tried a replacement battery?

no I haven't

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    Theres a master boot i believe.

Hold the down volume key and try to turn it on.

Hopefully someone else can clarify what to do after, im not too sure, id wait untill someone else who has a better idea can clarify.

Try not to pull out the battery of the phone.

You can try booting it in safe mode
    If the Nexus One is freezing or won’t start properly, you may want to try to start it in Safe Mode. Safe Mode will allow you to start the smartphone with the default software running so you have a chance to disable any software you’ve installed that may be causing the problem.
    Perform these steps:
    1. Power the device off. Take the battery out if it won’t turn off normally.
    2. Power the device on.
    3. When the logo appears, press and hold the Menu button.
    4. Continue holding the Menu button until you see the home screen.
    The words Safe Mode should appear in the lower left corner if you performed the steps correctly.

Then you can do a factory restore and wipe it to out of the box new and then reboot it into normal mode and see if that works.
    Best of luck. I hope this helps you out.

the phone will not power up no matter how i press the power button

Try removing the SD card first and then powering up. You mentioned it vibrated 3x when you tried to reboot, so that may indicate a corrupted SD card. Removing it should help if that is the case.

it happened only once. I tried what you suggested, unfortunately it still wont power up...

Did you fix this somehow? I have the same problem and already checked it's not the battery because my battery ist working fine in another phone.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Possibly your screen went out. See if you can boot into recovery. Hold down the trackball and it the power button. It sounds like more like a screen issue than battery issue IMO.
    Androidfied.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links