Nexus One NOT STARTING UP! Please Help!?!

This is a discussion on Nexus One NOT STARTING UP! Please Help!?! within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Okay guys, i need a huge help here. Yesterday, i have just rooted my phone which seemed to be great until i stumble on this. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One NOT STARTING UP! Please Help!?!

Nexus One NOT STARTING UP! PLEASE! HELP! SOMEONE!

Okay guys, i need a huge help here.

Yesterday, i have just rooted my phone which seemed to be great until i stumble on this. There was a application on the market which said to open up or extended something in the market, i was reading through the comments and almost all people gave it a great rating with 5 stars so i decided to download it. It asked me to reboot my phone which i felt was the worst mistake and now MY PHONE CAN NO LONGER BOOT!

Now, let me tell you what happens and what i can and cannot do because i have the feeling its possible to fix this problem. REMEMBER THIS PROBLEM STARTED AFTER DOWNLOADING AN APP! THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IT HAPPENED!

Okay, when my phone is off, i can still see the little light when its charging or not. Now, when i attempt to turn on my phone, it gives the :nexusx: logo with the unlock icon below and then all of a sudden, it goes black but the lights like the "back", "settings", "home", and "search" icon light up but go down.

Once you turn on the phone, you cannot do anything BUT WAIT!

After taking out the battery and putting it back in, i decided to go into fastboot. I hold down the trackball and pressed the power button and I WAS ABLE TO ACCESS FASTBOOT! This means i still have access to my phone if i plug it into the computer.

Now, this is all the information i can give you for now. Let me add some details about my phone:
    Rooted? Yes
    Cell Phone Provider? T-Mobile (but the phone is UNLOCKED)
    Built-in Number: FRF91
    System: Android 2.2

This is all i can provide. PLEASE HELP ME FIX MY PHONE! And if you can, please tell me what is the problem, what caused it, and how you can prevent it.

Thanks! =)

Okay, i found the app that caused this mess:
    Eris Market Fix - Free - Android app on AppBrain

I cant see the email of the developer but i was just reading the app and it said i needed Android 2.1 and i got 2.2 when i downloaded it :|

Also, i found out something else. The second the X logo disappears, the screen shines for 1 second and then goes off but the lights still lighten up

PLEASE HELP!!!

Edit: Just tried going to RECOVERY and the X icon showed but then a there was a triangle with the "!" icon.
    Anyone knows what that means?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

What was the market app you downloaded that asked you to reboot your phone?
    Have you emailed the developer of that app?
    Can you get into the recovery mode and restore your custom ROM?

I will find out the app that did this to my phone and then email it.

Im not sure about going to recovery mode, if its holding down the trackball and then press the power button, then yes.

What do you mean by restore my custom ROM?

Okay, i found the app that caused this mess:
    Eris Market Fix - Free - Android app on AppBrain

I cant see the email of the developer but i was just reading the app and it said i needed Android 2.1 and i got 2.2 when i downloaded it :|

Also, i found out something else. The second the X logo disappears, the screen shines for 1 second and then goes off but the lights still lighten up

PLEASE HELP!!!

Edit: Just tried going to RECOVERY and the X icon showed but then a there was a triangle with the "!" icon.
    Anyone knows what that means?

Can someone please post something!?!?! I see the views going up but no new posts!!!

Why did you download an app made for the eris?

How did you root the phone?

Did you install a recovery image and do a Nandroid Backup?
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

I was reading the comments and this app also worked on OTHER PHONES!

I rooted the phone at this guide:
    How To: Root the Nexus One (Updated 01.11.10) | TheUnlockr

No, i didnt do those 2 things. The guy added that you have to do these stuff AFTER i installed the app :|

I didnt have anything important saved on my phone, all my things are on my SD card so maybe i can get a backup from one of you guys?

Sounds fishy to me. That guide was made in january. I wouldn't recommend giving this person your nandroid backup.

This is what happens when you don't follow directions when rooting.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by Mastermrz View Post
    I was reading the comments and this app also worked on OTHER PHONES!

I rooted the phone at this guide:
    How To: Root the Nexus One (Updated 01.11.10) | TheUnlockr

No, i didnt do those 2 things. The guy added that you have to do these stuff AFTER i installed the app :|

I didnt have anything important saved on my phone, all my things are on my SD card so maybe i can get a backup from one of you guys?
    I Just checked that app in the market....Doesnt say anywhere it works for the N1. You have to be more careful. Also the first step they have on here is to do a Nandroid Backup. Now you Know Why.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

I contacted the guy and he said you had to back it up! which he didnt post UNTIL AFTER I INSTALLED THE APP!

Well, anyone can help me RESTORE MY DEVICE? Besides, this problem did not happen while i was rooting the phone and i never gave him any nandroid backup btw!

BUT CAN SOMEONE HELP ME RESTORE MY DEVICE!?! I REALLY DONT CARE IF I GET MY DEVICES RESTORED NOT BEING ROOTED! I JUST WANT TO ACTUALLY USE IT PLEASE! HELP!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links