"Formatting" the Nexus One - Little Help

This is a discussion on "Formatting" the Nexus One - Little Help within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Okay, im having a problem, if you want to read how this problem started, go here . Okay, i just installed the recovery thing to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Formatting" the Nexus One - Little Help

"Formatting" the Nexus One - Little Help

Okay, im having a problem, if you want to read how this problem started, go here.

Okay, i just installed the recovery thing to my phone from:
    Super Noob Guide to Unlocking Bootloader, MoDaCo's ROM, Amon_RA's Recovery

I got the recovery inside and now im able to go to recovery mode! W00T! =D

Now here is where the problem begins. HOW DO I "FORMAT" my Nexus one?

I did a "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition" and my phone still fails to go on. I see the "apply sdcard:update.zip" but i dont think i have any update.zip file until i realized. I think maybe i should add that to my SD card and then BAM! Everything goes back to normal. I just need the Android 2.2 file and then it will install it to my phone and BOOM! EVERYTHING WORKS AGAIN! :D

Now, i really suggest you read where my problem started to get the idea of where my problem began. Now, i have no knowledge in this but this is a guess. Can you please be sure my guess is correct?

Thanks! =)

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Mastermrz View Post
    LMAO! As usual, the views go up but no one posts :|
    thats a Great Attitude to have when expecting people to take time out of their day to help you. Especially when you Don't THANK ANYONE
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

LMAO! As usual, the views go up but no one posts :|
    Let me help.

Formatting the entire flash chip takes more power than just wiping small sections at a time. Your standard HTC charger can't supply enough voltage. What you need to do is get a 12V power supply and wire it to the USB connector before you start the format sequence. If you don't have a soldering iron, you can try using paper clips. That should solve everything.

** Note: this answer is totally bogus and will obviously fry your phone. Would you prefer reading this BS or having me not reply at all? Respect. **

Okay, i have to admit, ive been not thanking and acting greedy and its because im too worried about my phone, i have lost respect.

SliceBurgSlim, THANK YOU ALOT! YOU REALLY HAVE BEEN A HELPFUL PERSON! IM SO SORRY FOR NOT THANKING YOU EARLIER!

Jonno2k, THANKS FOR ANSWERING! =) lol and i see what u mean. Well, i got the recovery on the SD card, anyway to actually fix my mistake?

Okay, so we know formatting the phone cant do it but is there any other options available?

So you were able to get the recovery on the phone? The next step after that is to wipe the phone and install a Rom. The wipe options are in the recovery menu. You just have to look. As for a Rom its your choice. Here is a link to the one I recommend.

[ROM] CyanogenMod-6 for Nexus One: Holy crap,full of AWESOME! V6.0.0-RC2 (07/25/2010) - xda-developers

To flash this, put the files on the root of the SD card (main folder) and flash in Recovery.

And remember, Nandroid is your best friend

Lol @ jonno. That's some Mcgyver ish right there
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Thank you SliceBurgSlim,

I will try to flash my phone. I was talking to Google who they think they dont know anything about my phone since its rooted which is a complete lie because i was talking to someone WHO ACTUALLY KNOWS SOMETHING ABOUT THE NEXUS ONE PHONE!

And HTC just wants me to send my phone to them to flash it when i found 500 guides on how to flash it without paying a penny which is a big LMFAO.

I found this Cyanogen person or ROM to be very famous but just wondering, will it look like the Android 2.2 and have the Android 2.2?

Thank you SliceBurgSlim,

I will try to flash my phone. I was talking to Google who they think they dont know anything about my phone since its rooted which is a complete lie because i was talking to someone WHO ACTUALLY KNOWS SOMETHING ABOUT THE NEXUS ONE PHONE!

And HTC just wants me to send my phone to them to flash it when i found 500 guides on how to flash it without paying a penny which is a big LMFAO.

I found this Cyanogen person or ROM to be very famous but just wondering, will it look like the Android 2.2 and have the Android 2.2?
    Yes CM6 is based on android 2.2. Its really very easy. Just make sure to follow the directions completely.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

How do i put the file into my SD card while in fastboot? I want to rename the CyanogenMod zip file to update.zip and then it will install on my phone and walla!

But how do i put it into the phone while in fastboot?

How do i put the file into my SD card while in fastboot? I want to rename the CyanogenMod zip file to update.zip and then it will install on my phone and walla!

But how do i put it into the phone while in fastboot?
    You dont need to rename the file. There is an option to Flash Zip from Sd. That will open up a menu. Scroll down to CM6 zip and flash. Simple as that. Don't forget to flash the Apps zip also or you will not have Google Apps.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Where do i find this optioN

when i go to the bootloader menu in fastboot, i see this:

FASTBOOT
    RECOVERY
    CLEAR STORAGE
    SIMLOCK

when i go to the bootloader menu in fastboot, i see this:

FASTBOOT
    RECOVERY
    CLEAR STORAGE
    SIMLOCK

when i go to Recovery, i see this "!" so when i press Volume Up + Powerkey, i go to recovery and this is what i see:

Android system recovery <3e>

Use trackball to highlight; click to select.

reboot system now
    apply sdcard:update.zip
    wipe data/factory reset
    wip cache partition

Help Please? Thanks for helping me this far though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links